The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
store_header.inc worked differently between pages
Post store_header.inc worked differently between pages 
Hello there,

I am doing a test site for a future business using Agora. After I put '<div align="center">' in the store_header.inc and tested, first page has a small space shifting between the top banner and the bottom side menu and index page: http://69.238.248.163/littlewonders/store/agora.cgi

However, if you click on a product page, it doesn't show the space shift on the other pages: http://69.238.248.163/littlewonders/store/agora.cgi?product=FuzziBunz_Diaper

I am not able to debug this at all ...

Thanks for helping in advance!

Richard

if you want to delcare <div align="center"> to control the entire page then under the <body> tag but before the first body entry enter <div align="center"> which you apparently have done. then just before the </body> tag after the last body entry enter </div> in the store footer. nearly all html attributes require a closing tag. this one does.

many times when there is an error between the storefront and the product page the problem lies in the storefront. the content area of the storefront (store/html/index.html) is subject to the users html skills, structurely. so there is more likely a table error or mismatch here.
remember the header and footer must be self contained tables. all tables must be opened and closed in the header and footer (there are exceptions here). if you put them to gether in an html file and view there should be no table mismatch and the page should render properly (without any content of course). the same holds true with the content area. the storefront page should render properly without header and footer. if it doesn't then check for table structure errors or you may need to nest the content area.
regards,
dan

I followed your advice and found out indeed, the index.html has a table width=630 instead of 600 like the other page table width setup! Thanks for the help.

However, the </div> closing tag isn't really required as I tested ... just a FYI...

Richard

technically it is. however since the following tag is the </body> tag it wont make any difference.
i figured it was in the index.html. remember that if the content area is nested in it's own table then you will have more control and the three components will be more modular for easy updating.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1