The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Some questions about quantity, and database update!
Post Some questions about quantity, and database update! 
Quote:
whoa! first of all never provide a link or enter in your files a link with the cart id in it:

My first question, is in regards to this I read on a previous post. This is exaclty what I have done on my product pages. For each product, I created a static html page, for more information. On those static pages, I have a link back to the product page from which it came, using the cart id in the url. It works, but is this something I should not be doing.
ALso,
I am not understanding the process. I only have one of each of my products for sale. I don't even need the quantity box in there. How do I get rid of it. I have read the variable options file, but am not quite getting it.
Also, when there is only one product in each category, it should be deleted from the database, when someone buys it. ANd it should not show up in the product page for sale once it is gone. How do I do this? I am totally clueless.
Please help. YOu can check it out here....http://www.herbsnsuch.com/store/agora.cgi
If you click on the category postcards...it is all set up...

We don't have a way to do an inventory control like you want to do. You can however make the QTY field hidden so that it only sends 1.

If you are using static pages you can make it so that they can only order one by using the code on the following page:

http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=117

Okay, I can try that. However, is there a way you can suggest, that would prevent someone from buying the item again, once it is sold? Like a message that flags a sold item as being "sold". I mean, I love sitting on the computer, but I can't be there to watch it 24/7, so that if someone does buy something, I can delete it out of the database! :lol:

I don't know of one for Agora unless there is one in the pro forum for it. I did notice that the commerce.cgi project has a way to do this. May or may not work though.

Oh, and one more thing. My mind is such a blur, I have waded through so much code today trying to figure stuff out....and I am not that great at deciphering...where can I change that field to hidden?
ALso, I was thinking about the method with the static page, and for me, that wouldn't be so great, because, I have lot's of different items for sale. So the abilitly to have a cart dispay is what I want....

Wown that was quick...thanks....what is the commerce.cgi?

Scratch the commerce.cgi thing. Didn't notice that it was for members only. *must get eyes checked*

Looking for the code to change so that the qty is hidden. Give me a few.

Does anyone know if there is a way to be able to do this in the pro forum. There must be a hack for this, as I saw someone's live site using agoracart, that had "sold" listed under price. That is all I would really need.
Then once a day, I could just manually remove them from the datfile.

My brain isn't firing on all neurons tonight. I'll have to look at it tomorrow unless someone can come up with the hidden qty answer first.

Alrighty then! I think I have your solution.

Create an option file that contains the following code at the top:

Code:

<!--agorascript-pre # needs to be inside the cut-here tags to be run!
$suppress_qty_box = "yes"; # we make our own boxes
return "";
-->

And the following code at the bottom:
Code:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="%%itemID%%" SIZE=3 MAXLENGTH=3 VALUE="1">

You can have other options in between the code if necessary but these 2 snips will make the cart display no QTY box. If you want it to automatically add a greater quantity than 1 you could change the VALUE="1" to whatever number you need.

For my testing I made an option file named qty1nobox.html You could easily create them qty2nobox.html, etc. Just add your items through the manager as usual and select the correct option file.

Good luck with it!

Eureka! Thanks, I really appreciate the help. My brain feels scrubbed dry...so I will try that out tomorrow! Thanks again!:)

Post an idea 
hell-o
if you link from the product to the offline gateway then you can process cc's manually and send regrets to others who may try to purchase product after it's sold. this will prevent client's cc from being charged automatically and you having to submit any refunds.
be sure to remove the product asap after purchase notification.
regards,
dan

Yes, I guess that will do for now. However, if the store flies, I would like to have some sort of script that could either do inventory control(automatic update dat.file), or automatically insert a sold message. Is this possible with a dat.file, or do I have to convert to a database, such as mySql? Where I know it is possible for updates and deletions.

Thanks SouperCarol, that worked fabulously!:)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1