The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Multiple Product Package
Post Multiple Product Package 
We are looking at creating a Package Deal, which is a single UPC of a dozen of our products. The shipping gets really messy because it is actually each of the 12 products shipped separate, but in the cart it is one product weighing 400lbs.

How do we go about getting this to work. We are currently putting a bogus weight which returns very close shipping for the products.

Thanks much,

Frank

Could you provide a URL to the store?
Also, you you could more clearly explain the predicament, we may be able to help you better.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
do the weight at 400 lbs but change the max weight of each box in the shipping modual in the store manager to something like 20 lbs or the max weight of your heaviest product in the dB. i am assuming you're using one or more of the apis.
do a test purchase to check the shipping estimated cost against the actual shipping cost (all individual packages) for two or three zip codes across the country. this will take some work. but if you're over then reduce the 400 lbs. if you're under then increase.
dan

The url is www.werksanusa.com

I found another issue that we are having. If you pick multiple products the shipping is calculated as one box. I have the max weight set to zero, so I would expect that they would all be in their own box. I have tested with the bar, and shipping one to my house is $20 dollars, shipping 5 is $165 and it should really be $100.

Anyhow, is there a way in the custom logic to pull the item number. That way I can check to see if it is a 'weight set' and set the shipping on that to a certain amount. Would it be just as easy for that to set the weight to zero and put in a handling charge for a flat fee.

Thanks,
Frank

Post Correction 
Figured out why the bars where not calculating properly. The max weight per box was adjusted and I didn't know it.

But I still would like to know how to script either check the item number and make shipping = $350 for the item or add 350 to the shipping cost.

there is a hack in the progroup that will pull a single product out of the api and apply a flat rate. works for multiple products too. i think that's what it does. grin.
i'm not aware of any other way to single out a product other than maybe hacking an option file to append the product weight.
it seems to me that if you had a 400lb product that ships in 5lb boxes then you should get a pretty hefty charge for the 80 boxes. by adjusting the max weight per box you can alter the pricing somewhat. also by changing from daily pickup to customer counter you get a differnet price break down.
dan

Post Fixed It 
Hey Dan,

Your picture is a riot. I copied the custom logic I used below. Basically, I looped through the cart and added a price * the qty of the fixed shipping cost Items. The silly thing with my syntax, I was not able to get the OR to work, it is a || right?

The only disadvantage with this is the product weight shows as Zero, but the description of the product says that it is a 187kg weight set.

Thanks much,
Frank
Code:
#  This custome logic loops through the current cart and
#  compares the product ID number to see if it is a set.
#  The total quanity of sets are multiplied by 320 to give
#  shipping cost.  Since there is approx. a $10 charge for any
#  package by UPS, the final price is equal to
#  (320 * qty) + (10 * qty) = shipping
#
$count=0;
open (CART, "$sc_cart_path") ;
 while (<CART>)
  {
   $quantity=0;
   chop;   
   @my_cart_fields = split (/\|/, $_);
   $my_cart_row_number = pop(@my_cart_fields);
   push (@my_cart_fields, $my_cart_row_number);
   $quantity = $my_cart_fields[0];
   $product_id = $my_cart_fields[1];
   if ($product_id eq "00000"){
      $count=$count + $quantity;
      $shipping_price= 320 * $count;
   }
   if ($product_id eq "00001"){
   }
   if ($product_id eq "00004"){
   }
   if ($product_id eq "00014"){
   }
}

very cool. i wasn't aware you were capable.
yes the double pipe || represents OR not sure where you used it though. looks like you got around it.
thanks for posting the solution. somebody may find this useful
dan

Post Re: Fixed It 
novellmaster wrote:
I looped through the cart and added a price * the qty of <snip>
Code:
#  This custom logic loops through the current cart and
#  compares the product ID number to see if it is a set </snip>

Can you provide details of which file and location (BeforeLine,AfterLine,etc) where you inserted this code? I think this will work for me but I need to understand the context of your fix.

I need to setup a per-item discount in the agora discount calculations sub... and the boss says "NOW!"

thanks, ken

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1