The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Store Manager problem
Post Store Manager problem 
We i go to the store manager login page,it always deplay this notice:

" Note: you must have atleast two periods (.) in the URL you are using to access this manager area. For example, if you are using: www.yourname.com/store/protected/manager.cgi, then you are okay. If using something like: yourname.com/store/protected/manager.cgi (notice no preceeding www.), you will have login problems."

is the notice normal?

And when i login,it takes me to a page that says this :

"The manager program cannot continue for the following reason:
Can't Open ip_file, check permissions for the "files" directory

Permissions are the most common cause of errors. The following directories and files contained within need to be made read/write:
admin_files
data_files
log_files
pgpfiles (only when updating public keys)
protected/files
shopping_carts

CGI programs run under the following id: uid=99(nobody) gid=99(nobody) groups=99(nobody)
If your user id is not listed above, then you must chmod 777 those directories and files.
If your user id is listed above, then you may chmod 755 everything and try to chmod 700 the order log file."

WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT HERE,I NEED HELP URGENTLY PLEASE.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
It sounds like you might have a web host that is incompatible with AgoraCart.
Who is your web host?
You might need to speak with them about your account running under 'nobody' and that you'r like it to run under your user name. If they won't do that, you might want to find a new host. Chmodding your store files to 777 would leave your store vulnerable for hackers and not a good idea.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
the AgoraCart is a preintstall script on my webhost account,i just click it and the webhost automatically install the cart for me,i will email them anyway for them to look at the problem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Just because it is in their cpanel, doesn't mean that their web server set up is compatible with AgoraCart. AgoraCart is standard for cpanel and cpanel is something that the web hosts install on the servers for their clients to manage their websites.

Still, speak with your web host to see if they can help you out by not running your account under 'nobody'.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1