The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Set Quantity
Post Set Quantity 
Hi @ all,
I am new to AgoraCart and have a few questions I am German, so pls forgive my bad english.

IŽve changed already the Design of the Shop, nearly all is working pretty good.
Now, is it possible to limit the Quantiy of an Item?
At the moment as a customer, I am able to buy as many as I like from an Item.
I like to limit the quantity a customer is able to buy to the quantity I have of that product.
(lets say I have 50 apples I can not sell 60)
So how and where I am able to do that changes?

When you view the cart there is a table that has Quantity, Item, Price etc. on it. Where do I find the File to change the design of that table?

Also all those buttons in the check out where is the File to change the Design?

The very last Page I see when I am gone trough the check out - from what pages is that one made?

Thank you ahead for any answers
Greetings from the b...y cold Germany
Hans

You could employ the use of the inventory hacks available to Pro Members that decrement the number available.
You could also edit the productPage to display the inventory available. But, if 50 are showing as available and they input 60, they will be charged for 60, can't do much about that. But, if the quantity available gets to 0, then you can employ another Pro Member's hack that will remove the "add to cart" button and replace it with an "Out of Stock" message.

You can change the fields of the cart display in the manager -> Cart Display. To change the colors of the table, manager -> Store Layout

All of the buttons are found in either the 'html/images' or 'protected/images' directory. Just create new buttons and rename them the same as the current buttons to replace them.

As for the final page, it is made up of several files. What exactly are you needing to change on it?

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Hi Bonnie, Pro Member means to actually buy the Software?
-----------------------
About the Quantity - must I build a new field for that in the Database or is there already one? If yes - I could not find it - where I am able to edit the quantity of an Item?
Is there somewhere a description about the code IŽll need to print the Quantity on the productPage?
-----------------------
Because I changed quite some things using CSS and HTML and JS I do not trust the Manager in all Design cases, I am worried to overwrite my changes. Thats why I like to do the changes directly in the source.
(in some cases you must go into the sorce, for examole to change the size of an table or an tabledata)

So thats why I need the single pages. Some (the ones for cart buttons) I found now.
-----------------------
For the Buttons I use also CSS but yes, probably more easy to overwrite the images..
-----------------------
The 3 Tables on this last page are probably the same as the ones used before. May someone can tell me where they are and what pages are used to display that tables - I am searching and searching Wink
-----------------------
I need to change the part where the "return to the Front Store" stands what File is used there?
-----------------------

Thanks a lot for your help
Hans

Pro membership is not buying software. It is a membership that supports the AgoraCart project and
gives you access to more hacks and advance support of AgoraCart.

Does the default quantity vary product ro product?

For your CSS, Javascript and Meta tags, for the dynamic pages, you will need to follow instructions at:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=1310
That stuff CANNOT go in the header file.

The store layout area of the manager will not overwrite everything else that you have done to the headers & footers. IT really just changes the dynamic displays.

I need to know exactly what you want to change on that last page for me to tell you what file and area that needs to be edited.
If you need to edit the "return to the Store Front" message, tat is in the agora.setup.db file near the end of the file in the "messages" area.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
thx for the quick replay.
-------------------------
Where can I apply for that Membership?
Yes the quantity of each product will vary.
Well all JS, CSS and so on works so far. I am using the cent-head.pl
and in the CheckOut pages I put the CSS into the Header. So they would also
work on all includes that are used in the pages, well at least they do so far.
Canges - all in the Check Out Screens: Size (and Style) of Quantity Table, Order Totals Table and Order Confirmation Table.
Java Script - I did not check yet, but I have to add on the Country Select for Customers (also in the Check Out) outside of the US - just an Message or Popup that says some about Taxes added in the end.

Best wishes Hans

oki agura.setup.db was a good tipp and is working thx a lot!!

Smile)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1