The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
BRITISH Cart?
Post BRITISH Cart? 
Hi All,

Has anyone created a fully working british cart? I.e. with pound sign and payment
pages that do calculations using british tax and so on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

John

There are many UK users of AgoraCart.
You can probably do a search on "UK" and come up with lots of help on making these changes.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
what does the british tax look like that might be different than what it allows for now (with the custom tax logic capabilities)?

The next version comes standard with UK counties (and Canada and AUS too) in addition to the states. The currency can be enter via a manager setting (right now you have to edit the agora.setup.db file and place the currency symbol in the variable for currency)

Mister Ed

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com

tried uk in the search with no results,scott.

Ed. When is the uk version due?

Question:

I have edited the Offline html file to replace the us settings with mine (options now have uk towns in them and so on) All is well, my cart is working as expected, but if the user does not include certain
information it gives an error page with the fields of error in place (i.e it states you did not enter a first name for example). Question: Which file do I need to edit to change this error page?

Tax: English tax is at 17.5 percent, so I put 0.175 in the tax box.....is this correct?

Regards

John

For the required fields editting, you will need to edit the Offline-order_lib.pl file in the required fields array.

For the tax, is the whole country the same or do some cities have an extra tax amount?
Are you only doing business in the UK or internationally?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
In the tax settings logic set the State option to "none"
In the 1st custom tax logic box, use something like:
Code:
(0.175)*$subtotal
if ($form_data{'Ecom_ShipTo_Postal_StateProv'}=~ /AB|BC|MB|NWT|ON|PEI|PQ|SK|YT/i);

Then, in place of of the "AB|BC|MB|NWT|ON|PEI|PQ|SK|YT" put in the towns or counties that the tax could be put on...

HTH!

Last edited by scottcrew on Sat Jun 17, 06 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks Scott. Unfortunately I am catching your message late so I will try your suggestions tomorrow.

English tax is at 17.5 percent all over the country. I use 0.175 as the percent because this is what I use in MS Excel for example to calculate tax.

My use, at the moment, for Agora is to use it in website creation for other people. I.e. I create their
website and tell them to register their domain with a UK company that has Agora/Support on their server. My customers are all, so far, either uk based and/or only need a uk orientated shopping cart. Hence why I am interested in news of UK support in the next version of Agora.....whenever that may be? At this time I am still new to Agora, but over time I will test it out and read more of the great help that is to be found in this forum.

One final question for now....If I wanted to use SSL with PayPal for example where/how do I go about setting up a SSL account/program/etc? Also (second final question I know!) Are the fields
you (you in general) delete from the Offline html file for example going to affect something later? For example. If I delete the First Name field will the error page come back to haunt with a message saying "You did not fill in the First Name field"?

Regards

John

Most web hosts will offer shared SSL. You would just need to ask the web host what the URL is for using shared SSL. Then put that URL in the Secure/SSL fields in the Main AgoraCart Store Settings and the Payment Gateway.

Yes, if you only remove the First Name field on the order form, you will get the error message. But, if the field's name is removed from the required fields array in the Offline-order_lib.pl file, you won't have the error.

You might want to review the following thread on adding fields to the order form, for you, it would just be reverse:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=2113

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Version 5.0.x is due out last year ... lol

we are way behind. But we are nearly done with development and "pro" members have a release candidate now, but the final beta will be out shortly for those members. then two weeks ofter final release, the general public will get access to the public version.

so, approx 45 days if things keep going as they are heading.

Mister Ed

I have now got around to editing the include files - header and footer.

Questions:

Is the footer really needed? For example. Do you have to include the copyright notice? The rest of its
code is to do with the cart links, but these are defined in the header as well. Also. Can I delete the
footer include completely or will I get errors of a missing file? With regards to the copyright notice, which is out dated (2004) I am not too bothered with......I would prefer to delete it and present it in a different way on a website (i.e. using a FrameSet) whereby the copyright message is even a graphic
design. BTW. Is the agora banner, legally, needed as well? Basically, all I need is the actual cart, stripped right down, which I have at the moment. With the cart only I then have artist license to create around the cart (as said, in a frameset for example). If there are any legal/copyright issues with this please let me know.

Regards

John

I see now the footer has trailing </form> and trailing </tr> etc so I assume this would be needed after all.

I am now on the Check Out page and noticed it does not inherit the header and footer includes.....I.e. the shopping categories, Look For etc tables are still in the page......which file do I need to edit to get rid of the just mentioned tables/table categories?

Regards

John

Okay, found the files! My cart is now stripped down. That just leaves the questions outstanding from
my first questions (two messages up).

Regards

John

agoracart falls under what is called a "copy left license". so cart copyrights need to remain even in the case of derivitive works, however, you can add a blurb about the design/alterations being done by someone else.

ME

No!! I do/did not intend to leave out the copyrights. I was more in favour of moving the actual copyright messages to one of my framesets with a graphic look rather than using text. I.e. I will
have a three-way frame split of a webpage. The top-left frame will have links to the cart and other relavent info such as a CVV2 link. The bottom-left frame will have the copyright notices. And the
main middle-right page will display the cart itself.

Regards

John

Post Pete - British Cart 
Hi Pete,

You emailed me about the British Cart and I answered with a Private Message, as the email address
you gave me is not recognized????

Regards

John

Thinking more about the tax...
In the shipping logic set the State option to "none"
In the 1st custom shipping logic box, use something like:
Code:
(0.175)*$subtotal
if ($form_data{'Ecom_ShipTo_Postal_StateProv'}=~ /AB|BC|MB|NWT|ON|PEI|PQ|SK|YT/i);

Then, in place of of the "AB|BC|MB|NWT|ON|PEI|PQ|SK|YT" put in the towns or counties that the tax could be put on...

HTH!

i think she means tax logic box. just go to the tax settings screen and follow the above.
d

You caught me!! Better late than never!
LOL... I must've been in "shipping logic mode" when I wrote that...
Thanks for catching that.
BTW, I've edited my post so that it says "tax settings".
Thanks again!
Very Happy

Get a Gold Membership
Post Re: Pete - British Cart 
johncomputers2004 wrote:
Hi Pete,

You emailed me about the British Cart and I answered with a Private Message, as the email address
you gave me is not recognized????

Regards

John

if anyone has the time could you please post the findings and solutions to some of the british issues? it's great community members help each other but by posting solutions you help more ppl as well.
thanks!
dan

Just looking at this post after a while. If you need an example of a British Cart here is my sample:

http://www.yoingco.com/internetorders/

Regards

John

P.S: ISSUE - If you press ENTER on the credit card page it takes the user off the page. Surely this needs fixing by AgoraCart writers? Apart from that I like Agora!!!

P.S: ISSUE - If you press ENTER on the credit card page it takes the user off the page. Surely this needs fixing by AgoraCart writers? Apart from that I like Agora!!!

John,
I just sent a test order thru your cart, but I couldn't what you are describing....

Get a Gold Membership

Hope you are well. If you go to my cart and add a new item (Invisible CD), go to pay for it by clicking
on the PAY NOW button all is fine. Now go to the STREET field for example, fill it in with your details
and then press ENTER. You will be prompted with a security warning about "YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE REDIRECTED...... etc". Clicking on its YES button takes you back to the main agoracart page.

Whilst I have no personal issue with this I am thinking about the customer. I, myself, would not press ENTER for example and if I did by mistake I would definately not click on the YES button to leave the page. My resolve, as a programmer, and suggestion would of be to stop ENTER from being active in the above mentioned manner. I.e. On_ENTER_Event() do nothing or jump to a WarnCustomer() procedure/routine.

I could put a warning on the page of course for the customer but it would be nicer if the programmer(s) of agoracart put in some sort of ENTER button routine instead, IMHO.

Regards

John

is that your pic? grin. don't often get to see the person i'm talking to.
anyway i did two checkouts. one with the direct link and the other through view cart then to checkout. your store seems to be working fine.

about hitting enter to submit. don't do that! Laughing it's like the guy who goes to the doctor and says, "oh man! it really hurts when i do this."
the doctor rolls his eyes and says, " then don't do that!" Laughing

at the bottom of the form it says "Click on the Verify Order button below to continue". since there are three possible submissions hitting the enter (return) key is never a good idea.
if you feel this could be a problem then you can add a warning to the page...
"do not submit this form using your return (enter) key. please use the appropriate button at the bottom of the page."
or something to that effect.
you can also try removing the "clear order form" button and the "undo edits" button to see if the return key will submit the form properly.

d

Yes! That's Me in the Pic!!

I know my AgoraCart is working fine! It took me, and Scott's valuable help and expertise, seven days to get right! Although I have been programming for ages the Agora scripting/programming
language etc posed me a challenge or two (because I had to learn stuff from scratch). However,
my C programming experience came in handy though!! Hence my suggestions for an On_ENTER() callback routine.

Another point I would make is that it is difficult to find British Payment Merchants who process credit details coming from the OFFLINE cart.......Although it is nothing to do with this forum etc per se, perhaps a list of British Banks/Payment Merchants supporting the details from the OFFLINE cart
would be nice!!...as well as other countries who are finding this area a problem. For example. Ask
certain British Banks if they support shopping carts in general and they don't know!!!! For example,
has AgoraCart signed up with any British Banks?

BTW, Dan, are you saying CLEAR ORDERS and UNDO EDITS have ENTER related code in them? I.e.
If I take out those buttons all will be well? Taking these buttons out would mean the customer has to manually correct their mistakes of course!!

Regards

John

right. you have three submit buttons. when you hit enter which button will the function call? i bet it's calling all three but breaks the cart before anything is done becuase it doesn't unterstand the command. which, btw, is why you are directed to the storefront. soft error. i'm not sure if there is any perl code that would present one of multiple inputs as the default for the enter key. well, probably can code it but don't look at me! Laughing
if you were to remove the other two submit buttons it seems likely that hitting enter would submit the form. however that all depends on the last place you put your curser! if you put a comment in the comment box then hit enter all you would do is creat new lines. heh heh. too bad there isn't a means to make an input default like the select attribute in an option.
as for ppl having to re-enter everything manually... man they would have had to screw things up real bad to use the reset.
now that i think of it, it would make more sense to force the ppl to re-enter everything manually (i assume this would be a rare instance anyways) then to have the page redirected to the non-ssl storefront and have to start checkout all over again after hitting the return key.

yep that's the problem. all three submit buttons are in the same form. if you remove the other two then the verify is the only one then return will submit the form.

http://www.hgltd1.com/

give 'er a whirl.
d

well this presents a minor problem. if the curser is in the comments field the hitting enter would only create a new line and not submit. if you submit then hi make changes then hit enter again the form will not submit unless the curser is in an input field other than the comments box.
soooo, i guess a message would be best. "user the friggin form buttons. don't hit enter." but then your form wont look the dogs bollocks m8.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next