The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
BRITISH Cart?
I always remove the "clear order" button from the order form.
It does not appear to actually clear the order or do anything other that what you are saying happens when you hit "enter". Or it clears the order form fields...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
huh? you lost me after "I always remove the "clear order" button from the order form."
d

But it seems silly to have the Undo Edits button and the Clear Order Form button...
they both do, basically, the same thing...

Anyway, I just tested a range of my stores and found that my "enter" key does use the regular "submit/verify order" button. Of course, I do have the "Clear Order Form" button removed from the orderform...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks for clearing that matter up guys. Now what about the payment method bit? ;)

Regards

John

What payment method bit?
You would have to have a payment gateway written to handle a British gateway that would give realtime payment processing.
The Offline payment gateway is to collect the customer data and process the payment manually through your merchant account's control panel/virtual terminal or POS machine.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

What I meant was: Which merchant account/terminal do UK agoracart users use to process the payment details manually (that they have received from their agoracart/email). If you could explain what happens at this point..... In simple terms, I have your credit card details and so on in front of me.......what next?

Regards

John

It's basically the same for everyone. You need to have a merchant account, first, to even accept credit cards. Then once you have the customer's credit card info, you will need to process it manually through your merchant account.
This could be done a variety of ways, it just depends on what is offered through your merchant account.
If you have one of those "swipe" machines (POS machine) then you would key in the info using the keypad on the POS machine.
If they offer an online virtual terminal that you can access through a web browser, you would process the info that way.
If they have a phone system to put the info in, you would do that.
Only ship the product once you have an authorization and deposit on the sale.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks Scott. That has cleared a lot of thing up for me....and probably a few others!

Q do you know if paypal support the online virtual terminal?

Q do you know a uk merchant supporting the virtual terminal?

Q if you (general) become a member of the agoracart how do you get the paypal cart (i.e. download and install it. Add files to your existing cart? or what?). Also. with the paypal cart in working (setup) order, am I right in thinking that when the user clicks on VERIFY ORDER button it knows to go to the paypal payment thingy/whatjacallit??!! Please explain the process if you can/would - Thanks.

Regards

John

Q do you know if paypal support the online virtual terminal?

PayPal's Website Payments Pro is not a supported gateway in AghoraCart.
However, regular PayPal is supported.

johncomputers2004 wrote:

Q do you know a uk merchant supporting the virtual terminal?

No, I'm sorry but I am not familiar with UK merchant Services. You can check with the processors connected with the supported gateways to find out if they handle UK merchants.

johncomputers2004 wrote:

Q if you (general) become a member of the agoracart how do you get the paypal cart (i.e. download and install it. Add files to your existing cart? or what?). Also. with the paypal cart in working (setup) order, am I right in thinking that when the user clicks on VERIFY ORDER button it knows to go to the paypal payment thingy/whatjacallit??!! Please explain the process if you can/would - Thanks.

Regards

John

All of the installation instructions are posted in the Pro Forum which is accessible to Pro Members.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks again scott for clearing up those questions.

I have now deleted the UNDO EDITS and CLEAR FORM buttons to get the results I desire.....it now goes to the error page if you press ENTER too early (i.e. You have not filled in such-and-such a field).
If you do everything correctly and press ENTER, or click on the VERIFY ORDER button, all is well.

Regards

John

You could leave the "Undo Edits" button as it is a simple "reset" button and not a "submit" button like the "Clear Order Form" is...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
OH!!! (LOL).....I have deleted them now!......when I have chance I will probably put that button back....I caught this post too late!

Regards

John

I have put the button back now (see above post).

I have also put the source code of my cart on my website, for anyone interested in a British Cart.

http://www.yoingco.com/AgoraCart.zip

Regards

John

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2