The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
NEWBIE :S :: Can i incorporate this software into my shop?
Post NEWBIE :S :: Can i incorporate this software into my shop? 
I've found this program, and hope it can help

I've just made a website which I'm using asp to access a database, which then pulls up details of products stored in the database. Basically, it's and online catalogue. Would this software be able to link in with all that, so a customer clicks 'add to cart' on a product, and it puts it in, and sends the order to me or my database??

thanks

Are you on a Windows server? If you are on a Windows server, AgoraCart does not support installations on Windows servers.
Otherwise....
I am thinking that it might not be compatible, but depending on how things are you might be able to.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Yes, my server is Windows-based at the moment, but it can be changed to linux if need be.

This shouldn't affect the rest of my site though, should it?

I'm not sure... I don't deal with Windows servers, only UNIX/Linux. But, I am thinking that if you are using .asp, there might be a problem...
I'm kinda hoping someone else on the forum, like Dan, might be able to give you some more input on this...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
agoracart is not recommened to be run on a windows server. the core is intened to run on linux flavor platforms. i have heard where the store has been hacked to run on a "doze" machine but i wouldn't know anything about that and agoracart doesn't support it.

agoracart was intended to be a standalone e-commerce solution. this enables the program to be extremely secure out of the box and provided safe practises are followed, from there on out during customization.

for a seamless integration to to your dB on a windows server would cost a bundle, i would imagine. depending on how much your site relys on asp's dynamic stuff it may not be worth it to convert over to a nix OS.

there are a number of approaches you can take to address the issue but depending on how reliant you are on asp it maybe better to find an asp based shoppingcart.

so i guess the answer to your questions are yes/no. yes, what you want to be done can be done but the cost would be prohibitive, i think. yes, you can move over to a linux OS but the asp stuff would have to go. one solid yes is the store does email and record in the log file orders with product and ciustome data and more. there is also a hack to convert the order log file to csv. so if your accounting program can import csv data then you'ld be good to go there.
no, concerning running on widoze out of the box and no to integrating with your asp dB without great expense.
d
sorry. pretty sleepy after working all night. hope this all makes sense. if not ask questions and i'll ramble more incoherently to confuse you (and me) even more. Laughing

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1