The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
What have I done?
Post What have I done? 
I have a cart that works wonderfully well. I have moved on to customization, and everything was going fine until I tired to get rid of the table borders around the item listings.

I edited the productPage.inc line which read
Code:
<td colspan=3><table width="100%" border=1>

to read
Code:
<td colspan=3><table width="100%" border=0>

Or at least that's what I thought I did. Sad

Now my Products not only have no border, they've lost their ability to "table" beside one another.

Instead of displaying two by two, they're all single rows stacked one above the other.

What have I done!?!?!?!

simply changing the attribute from 1 to 0 will not break the store, obviously. it's more likely your editor messed something up or you xferred your file in binary. take a look at your editor to determine whether or not it's doing any auto-correcting or character replacement. try opening the local copy of your file in notepad, make a minor change then save the file. undo the change then save again. this often will fix minor problems caused by tranferring a file in the wrong mode. if the file format displays messed up then try opening in msword or a editor like html kit. this should format the page properly for display. make the mainor change then save...undo and save. now upload via ftp in ascii. force ascii if you have to to assure the proper mode.
if the above doesn't work just holler
d

What is the URL to your store?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
The test site is at http://www.lewismachine.com/cart/store/agora.cgi.

Try reuploading the file via FTP and make sure to upload the file in ASCII mode.
Since I am seeing raw agorascript in the source code of your page, it is highly probable that the file was accidentally uploaded in binary instead of ASCII.

Another issue may be the placement of the </FORM> tag in the file. On the default file, a known issue, the </FORM> tag is in an improper place in the html code. Move the </FORM> tag inside of a set of <td></td> tags. Usually the best place is after the code for the "add to cart" button.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
The ASCII mode transfer did the trick. Weird thing is that I don't normally use FTP to transfer files... I use WinSCP which doesn't have an ASCII/Binary selector and it does a bit-by-bit transfer. Anyway, I used FTP to re-transfer the file and it works.

Now, if I can just make that table LOOK better, I'll be happy!

yeah any ppinc that has myans in it is going to cuse headaches to customize. as long as you don't change the outer parameters you can nest and rearrange stuff without too much problem but will be slow going. just be sure you chaeck the rendered page source to be sure all tables are balanced and </form> tags show up in the right place.
you can also take a look at the other ppinc files in the html-templates folder. maybe you can find someother layout that you find more appealing for what you want to do.
d

by outer parameters i mean the subsets that create the entire page. looking at the code you will see the top part sets up the tables. the next part sets up the form and other stuff particular to that product being parsed. then the following closes the cells and tables depending on whether or not it's the first or last in a row or last for the page or last for 1 in a row.
well anyways, you can generally move around the pic and description and price tokens. just be aware the pic is in a cell and that cell either need to be removed or attended to in some manner to keep it from taking up too much room, if indeed it is an issue.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1