The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Adding an enlarge image button
Post Adding an enlarge image button 
The current page layout accommodates images best when they are around 110 pixels by 140 pixels. For some items visitors will want to see a larger image with more details.

I've been trying to add a button to allow for this, but realize it will be more intensive than I first thought. I'll need to add an additional %%image%%variable. This will need to be linked to the Admin Manager so both a small and large image can be uploaded and properly assigned values for the two variables through that tool.

Ideally I'd like my enlarge the image button to be an optional feature I can add only to products that require it, so I should use the same logic as the other optional features. I'm very new to Agora. Has anyone done something this intensive and can provide me with a list of all the files I'd need to modify - or maybe it's already available.

Post RE: Adding an enlarge image button 
hell-o
add the popup stuff with the image name to a userfield in the add/edit products in your store manager. then call the userfield in the ppinc you're using. if the userfield is blank then nothing will show up for the item display. however, if the display renders correctly without the button or text in one instance it's possible the product display will be shifted around some when it is displayed. in certain circumstances this can look real bad so watch out for that.
the tokens below are how you call the contents of a userfield. use the appropriate one depending on which user field you dedicate for this purpose.

%%userFieldOne%%
%%userFieldTwo%%
%%userFieldThree%%
%%userFieldFour%%
%%userFieldFive%%

regards,
dan

Whoa there...please slow down for us less fluent and us little slower special ones....LOL

Alright I uploaded 2 images either by the add/edit products or by FTPing it to the image folder.... I got that far....

Quote:
then call the userfield in the ppinc you're using. if the userfield is blank then nothing will show up for the item display.

There was already a %%userFieldOne%% in my pP.inc by default. How do I determine what it is dedicated to? I am using the "productPage-1a.inc" template. Then if it isn't dediated to anything how do I dedicate it, or how do I dedicate another one?

Quote:
the tokens below are how you call the contents of a userfield. use the appropriate one depending on which user field you dedicate for this purpose.

Same thing...How do I dedicate them or check for current dedication or see if it is "blank"? Or maybe I just need to know where the userfields files are located. Does it not create one when and add the image when you add it to the product userfields and upload the image?

Also how should it appear in the user field(s) on Add/Edit products page?

examples that I have tried.
(2nd Image: = imagename.gif) (User 2: = %%userFieldOne%%)

or shoud it be

(2nd Image: = %%userFieldOne%%imagename.gif) only...

or

(2nd Image: = imagename.gif%%userFieldOne%%)

or just

(2nd Image: = imagename.gif)

Or am I making this way harder than it is or should be?

I think I might be very confused...it might be easier to start from scratch and explain the whole process to me or post the page where the instructions might be found, if you have time. Thank you for your time and attention, it is greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Primitive Home Made Candles, Scents, and Crafts
www.spicecupboardprimitives.com
Post popup image 
hell-o
LOL
upload the image to the store/html/images folder.
dedicate a userfield for the popup images. lests say user2 as defined in the store manager. type in the image name in user2.
in the ppinc use the script of your choice to call the popup and use:
%%URLOfImages%%%%UserFieldTwo%%
to call the image name in user2 and set the path to the folder where the program should look for that image name.
go to the product you just added the image to and check for function.

this is the script i use and it works perfectly for this purpose...

in the head tag add the following:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- BEGIN
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=420,height=420,left = 200,top = 50');");
}
// END -->
</script>

in the ppinc replace the %%image%% token with this:

<A HREF="javascript:popUp('%%URLOfImages%%%%UserFieldTwo%%,border=0')">%%image%%</A>

regards,
dan

Please excuse my ignorance...Do you mean the head tag in the pP.inc? I hope not because mine does not have a head...or do you mean to add that to the product description or where?

Never mind I figured it out...Works great..Thanks a million...That will help a bunch in the cosmetics, diferent resolution setting of our customers, and load time! Wow you are the man! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Post editing the body and head tag for dB parsed pages 
hell-o
add the js that belongs in the head tag by following these instructions:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=358
regards,
dan

Post RE: you da man 
hell-o
LOL
thanks! Embarassed
regards,
dan

Post freeform logic error code 
Thanks so much for the popup code! I've noticed the following code being written into my second freeform logic box everytime I submit changes now though:
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--

function SymError()
{
return true;
}

window.onerror = SymError;

//-->
</script>

Is this normal? Should I leave it alone?

That's not part of AgoraCart... that would have been something that you or whoever set up the cart put in there. You need to find out what it goes to... if it doesn't go to anything then you might be okay to delete it.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post freeform logic error 
That's just it. When I delete it and submit the changes, it comes back! And it adds another one every time I hit the submit button. Strange...

Could you provide a URL to your store so we can check it out?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Sure. http://www.lighthousebeadworks.com/gallery.html is the quickest route. Thanks for looking.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1