The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
database disappeared on server after the new cpanel install
Post database disappeared on server after the new cpanel install 
Strange when i look art the server: there is no database anymore?
The shoppingcart is still working with the products
But it is now not possible anymore to add products descriptions, because on the shop is nothing to see: no text , but the product image is correct uploaded ?

This problem comes up a few days ago when the new cpanel has been installed on the server after that it was not possible to add correct products to the shop

How to solve this?
- a new database and import a backup database products in de cvs format?

greetings

Jan

are you accessing your store manager directly or are you accessing your store manager through cpanel?
d

Post access database ? 
yes directly in the store manager

Jan

so you log into the store manager then click on the edit products screen. either the category list doesn't display or the product being edited is totally void of all data?
it sounds to me like the dB may have issues. ftp your store/data_files/data.file and download in ascii. open in notepad and take it off word wrap. examine closely for errors such as product rows spanning two lines. all rows must be on a single line. look for missing or misplaced pipe delimiters. look for illegal characters.
d

Well when i import the shop database on my private server : i do get errors ( 2 errors ), but i don't know how to solve this: Rolling Eyes
The image is uploaded to the shop so there is no total void of data
i don't have experience with error correction in the databasefile... it 's not yet clear yet
oke i export the database, but the whole database(name?)seems to be gone : how can i import than?
Idea
Jan

it maybe you don't have ownership of your files. this often happens when changes are made to the server. programs are not allowed to edit files, create files or do certain execute functions. if the dB is intact and your can see your products in the dB generated product pages but you can't use any or many manager functions such as export the dB or write to the dB or see the options in the program settings and or the main agoracart store settings then the server needs to be adjusted to allow these functions.
contact your server support and tell them to set things up so you can execute manager functions.
d

Strange enough there still exist 6 databases on the server, but they are not related with the Agora Shoppingcart ( i made this for other purposes )
The webhost ask me already: what was the name of the Shoppingcart database?
I told him that i don't know it , because i did not wrote the name of it in my administration

A solution might be that in the Agore Shoppingcart somewhere is stored name of it, because the cart must be made a connection in the past with the database : example : msql_select_db("namedatabase", $db);

Jan

store_folder_name/data_files/data.file
data.file is the store's dB name. it is a "plain text flat file".
there are other files that agoracart and the manager needs to create and or write to. so if they intend to simply allow agoracart to manage and edit the dB then you will still be having problems. if sysop is that paranoid then tell them to install wrappers to allow you ownership over your own store's files and folders, if indeed ownership is the issue. if ownership is not the issue then they will have to bring themselves up to speed on server setup.
i recently went through this with a client of mine. the server would not allow the store's manager to manage the files necessary for proper maintenence. they found a way to do it but they still have problems in that neither agora.cgi and manager.cgi can be run with the "-T" switch (taint mode). this is silly because the very things they are attempting to secure against can possibly be executed through cgi not being run in taint mode.
it boils down to ppl not knowing how to set up servers with the proper balance between security and function. note that function does not mean insecure.
so the sysop needs to find a solution to allow all functions of agoracart and it's files and maintain security.
d

Well it seems that my webhost must solve this: but he is asking me for the name of the database on the server
I thought it was a installation of me , zipping the shop files on the server: and there must be added a database on the server for this for this but de name of the db : data.file i can't remember in de database administration on the server?
Well is there a another drastic solution of automated server install perhaps again of the Agora shoppingcart and overwrite these with the current shopfiles?

Jan

did you upload a zip file of your store and unpack it for an install?
be sure your agora.cgi file permissions is 755 and your store manager.cgi file is 755
you can also do a web install for a fresh store and check to see it functions properly out of the box. if the manager functions properly (after setting up your manager's basic urls) then the problem with your current store is user error.
try a fresh install. DO NOT ALLOW THE INSTALL TO OVERWRITE YOUR CURRENT STORE FILES! if your current stor folder name is "store" then rename to "storeold" before uploading the tgz file and the install file. either that or if your store is not in the cgi-bin then install the test store in the cgi-bin to seperate the two stores by directory.
at any rate, try a fresh install, set up the store's urls then test all functions. if the fresh install works then you know the server is not the problem.
d

Well if i see the things to do in the storemanager to get the new shop working : a lot of work
and there no other solution to restore the database function
Thank you very much for the torough advice Dan !
Jan

Oke i export the shop database and make a testdatabase: test and import the shop database

than i get some errors !

Q: if i solve this errors can i than import th databasefile again via the storemanager via the "īmport"
knob ?

see the url for the errors http://www.zerospec.com/foutzoekendatabase/databaseexportstoremanagerstandaard.gif

Jan[/url]

As i understand it well : Agora shoppingcart does not use a MYSQL database on a server?

Perhaps a clever idea to do it on this way: no more problems with database connections and inner workings of the database

The problem still exist why the storemanager can add products after the installing of a new cpanel via the webhost

Wel li have to push those people there, how do i fix this?

Jan

Well the database for products is correct working again at http://zerospec.com

The webhost solved the problem after the installing of a new cpanel last week

Thanks

Jan Smile

ok. as i understand it you installed a fresh store and your new store functions just fine, right? so the problem with your live store is due to something you did or didn't do correctly.
rather than try to figure out where the problem is by playing 20 questions your best bet is to install a frsh store in the same directory as your live store. then copy your dB, headers, footers, ppincs, images, other customized files like the html files, admin_files/user.file.pl files and a few others over to the fresh store. copy over the admin_files last. then rename your live store folder to "old" then rename your fresh store folder to whatever your store folder name should be. now test the "new" store. if you do all of that and it still doesn't work then pm me and i'll see what i can do.
one word of warning. do not MOVE any files. maintain all of the current files in your live store!
d

ok. as i understand it you installed a fresh store and your new store functions just fine, right?

I did not install a fresh store! , but how to do this i know now correct from your explanations.

I have waited what the webhost his action where to restore the corect working of our shop

Now it seems to be good working again the storeamanager and added some new products

The difficulties are again solved : thanks again

Q: how about the new Agora Shoppingcart when it is ready for easy install?

Jan

well now, that's a relief. i figured it could be fixed but not actually seeing what was going on is really difficult to put a finger on the problems.

whaddya mean an easier install? LOL agoracart is easy schmezzy to install. you just have to hold your tongue right. Razz
oh. you mean when will the proversion be able to go live? i personally think it's ready. most of the gateways are done and the update process seems to be working.
i haven't heard of any serious problems but that doesn't mean one wont exist.
you should install it next to your live store and begin customization. this will get you familiar with the manager and all the cool features working with it in your leasure. you can play all you want and if and when you encounter and problems or have questions post to the pro forum. questions about use and possible problems will help refine the product. so don't wait. it's best to start now.
d

Q: how about the new Agora Shoppingcart when it is ready for easy install?

Yes i mean with this: easy install like the old 4 Agora shoppingcart ( unzip on the server or via a automated server install)

I try to install the new proversion , but i was not yet all so clear for me the location of the files and the installation procedure via the homepage of Agora
Example : why not download: Download Agora cart pro version (5) on the homepage?

Also a live demo store proversion5?

I have to try to do me best harder to figure it out

Jan

Anything having to do with the Pro versions or New version coming out MUST be posted in the PRO Forum in the appropriate places.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Oke, i will be there on the Pro Forum ( because i am not always modest Smile )
See you there Bonnie and Dan

Jan

if you're talking about running you entire site through agoracart, i don't recommend that anyone use agoracart for a content management system (cms). this is not a good thing if you expect traffic from search engines.
i think you have a regular website and use agoracart to handle buying products. this is best and should be maintained. so, all you have to do is install the pro5 the same as any other version of agoracart and customize. much of what you have in your old store can be adpated directly into the pro version. there will be some considerations and you'll have to determine which advanced features you'll want to impliment then how to deal with them. so there will be a difference on that level but the install and general use is the same as your current version.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1