The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
definine cart display fields
Post definine cart display fields 
I have searched everywhere I can think of and can't find much of anything on the subject.
In the cart manager there are lists of display options for both the screen and text.
Is there a list somewhere of just what those different options in the pull down screens do?

well, they are kinda self explanitory, what they do and how you use some of them is kinda convoluted. the user defined stuff like userfields displays whatever is in the userfield. shipping and other stuff is self explanitory. somethings don't display what you would expect because of the different levels of dealing with dB values. you can try each ont to see what it will display and how it displays it. the multiply does just that. the values such as price ans shipping will multiply by the qty of the products added.
d

Post Thanks Dan 
I understand the complexity potential.
I was just hoping there was something available to at least give a hint or two about a few of them.
I would save a lot of time.
Have it figured out though so the customer can see what was ordered and how much for the item and prices and options and my client gets enough info to know what was ordered so he can fulfill it.
I guess that's all that matters.
It works.
Thanks
R

if you have a need or need an explination then just post. that's the best that can be done now. i'm not aware of any tutorial on the cart display. who has time. lol
i hear ya. just getting stuff up, customized and working is about the only thing most everyone has time for.
good luck
d

Post Know what you mean. 
I just shot off copies of the order form from agora and the customer receipt to my client so hopefully will be going live soon and I can go on to the next project.

Know any good scripts like agora that would work well for real estate rental listings? LOL

lookie here:
http://www.realtycampaign.com/
take a gander at the listings index and the two listings.
d

I don't know why AgoraCart couldn't handle real estate listings.... especially if you use the pro version with 10+4 user fields...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post I was thinking that 
Now that I have the shopping cart system setup and working (awaiting final approvial from my client) I will be working up a detailed description of what I'm looking for including the admin area so my client will be able to use it without my help as well as what the tennants will see. It also needs to be searchable in a variety of ways. The database isn't all that big. maybe 400 listings overall.
They have something quite nice at interactivetools.com but she wants to "own" the script not have to mess with site licenses.
Once I have it done will shoot you a message or email with the details and will probably hire either you or scottcrew to set it up.
Thanks
Rick

out of the box you're not going to compete with the 6 million returns and the heavy hitters in the real estate market.
i current have a solution that's being refined that will beat out any dynamic listing program for pr, SEO and placement - one on one. promotion is another story.
i have a lot of time and money invested and spending more as we speak just in programming.
any dynamic solution will inhibit basic reliable, across the board cataloging by search engine and directory bots.
there are free programs on the net that do what needs to be done just fine. you can customize agoracart to do what needs to be done right out of the box. but you're not going to get the edge over competition with any free program or even most of the cost ones with all the bells and whistles.
part of the cost (if and when i make this available to others) will be necessary licensing with some add-on (customized) agoracart mods. so this solution has licensing obligations in addition to my investment.
it all boils down to whether or not one cares to offer their clients the best solution or just a solution. me, i always offer the best solution.
did you look at the listings? this is not only 100% automated but highly SEO configurable with 20 userfields and 100% html.
d

the previous response was directed at bonnie's post.
ownership of a program is probably not the correct terminology. regardless of terminology there are several free programs that allow you portability, agoracart being one. you can do it with free programs without much hassel at all. it just depends on how well you want the solution to perform and intended use. agoracart can do everything you need, i'm sure.
d

Post Real Estate 
I did look at the service you suggested. Not quite what we are looking for.
what we need is really more of a rental property managment system. A flatfile searchable database display and manipulation script. Competition isn't a problem at all. it's in a relativly small college town and she has no problems renting out the 200-300 rentals she manages and is doing so well she just bought out another real estate office.
Once I work out a good description of what we want I'll let you know and perhaps something can be worked out. I know the agora cart ver 4 would come close to doing it now.
Thanks and will be in touch.
Rick

what you saw is only half of the program. there aren't enough listings to warrant dB features...yet.
in the case of local necessity then agora will do just fine out of the box with a few mods here and there.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1