The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
can't delete products or upload new database
Post can't delete products or upload new database 
Hi,
I am new to agora. Someone else installed the cart then handed the project over to me. I uploaded the CSV file that was given to me, and when it uploaded it added a bunch of characters and combinded all products into one long catagory.
First I tried to fix this by uploading a new version of the database, but now whenever I try to upload it says file cannot be found.
Then i decided to try to delete the weird character products and catagories, but it will not allow me to delete anything. It goes through the motions like it has deleted it, but then it is still there.
I am able to add new products just fine, which I can do to add all of our products, but i need to get rid of all of these weird catagories first...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer
Abbey

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
be sure the csv was saved as a plain text file and not an excel file with a bunch of junk in it...like the equvilent of a rtf file (doc) as opposed to a plain text file.
also, whenever transfering your cvs (uploading and downloading) always use ftp and transfer in ascii mode.

wha you may want to do if the file size is small is right click on the csv file on your pc and choose "open with". select notepad. click file then save as and append the file name with b or 2 or something. then save the file. while it's open see if you can see really strange characters. if you can then the original file needs to be exported or saved as a plain text csv file. delete the file you just made.
on the other hand if all the characters you see in the file can be found on your keyboard your probably good to go. make sure that every line in the file (wordwrap off) begins with the product number. if any line dose not begin with a product number then you'll have to take each line that does not and put it on the end of the preceeding line. you cannot have line breaks (hitting enter) in the dB. whenever editing the dB through the manager many ppl hit enter to start a new line in the description. this will break your dB. whenever adding descriptions and you want it to display something on a new line then type everything you need without hitting enter. begin a new line by adding <br> where you want the previous text to stop and the following text to begin a new line.

if you get worried beyond hair repair with trying to import you can pm me and i'll see what i can do or ftp your website then navigate to the store/data_files folder download the "data.file" in ascii for backup. now right click on the data.file on the server and choose edit. remove everything from the file then save and close the file. the edited file should now update and there wont be any products in your store. you can now go to the store's manager and click "add products" and begin populating your dB.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1