The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Gift Certificate redemption
Post Gift Certificate redemption 
I would like to offer Gift Certificates but was wondering how I could go about having customers redeem them online. I currently use version 4.0k (hope to upgrade to v5 when it is available). I currently use custom free logic to offer discount coupons/codes - really looking forward to the coupon manager in version 5. Discounts are taken at checkout and tax is calculated after the discount (on the subtotal) and then shipping is added.

The issue is that a GC is to be applied after the final total has been calculated, since it is essentially a form of payment. And if there is any remaining balance that amount should be sent to the payment system (CC or offline).

How can this be done? Also is there any way to have Agora automatically reduce the amount of a GC value online if the full amount is not used for that purchase or must the value be manually adjusted?

Thanks in advance!

Manny

If you are using the hack to allow for discount codes inputted in the order form, you will need to post your question in the Pro Forum since that was a Pro Member's hack.

No automatic adjustment of balance on GC...
BTW, version 5 is available to Pro Members, right now...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
[quote="scottcrew"]If you are using the hack to allow for discount codes inputted in the order form, you will need to post your question in the Pro Forum since that was a Pro Member's hack. [/quote]

Bonnie, I am not using a Pro Member Hack - I found an online book for "CGI for Commerce" which discussed discounts and had code to implement them. Pretty much based on the custom shipping logic built into Agora.

[quote="scottcrew"]No automatic adjustment of balance on GC... [/quote]

Does this mean that version 5 does support Gift Certificates, but not balance adjustment? Or does Version 5 not have GC ability?

[quote="scottcrew"]BTW, version 5 is available to Pro Members, right now... [/quote]

I was holding off on version 5 because the last time I checked it didn't support the Linkpoint Connect gateway. Has this changed and does it now support Linkpoint?

Manny

Manny

Gift Certificates are in essence nothing more than a coupon.
Coupons, discounts, and gift certificates are supported in both v5 and current standard version.
Decrement of gift certificate amount, leaving a balance amount, is not.

Version 5 has been supporting Linkpoint quite a while, now...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

But how would one go about redeeming the gift certificate if they can also use another discount? Also, what about the different loops of Calculate_final_values? The store manager (at least what I see in the demo) can only set 1 loop for the calculation.

For example:

I have discounts set to calculate in loop 1 (tax*(merchandise-discount)). A Customer purchases $100 of product. They receive my newsletter so they qualify for a discount of 10% off the purchase. They enter the discount code NSL0906. This discount (10%) is then taken off the $100 which brings the subtotal to $90. I want the tax based on that. So, in VA it will add 5% or $4.50 bringing the total to $94.50. My shipping is set to calculate in loop 3 so it is based on pre-tax total and adds $14.95 to this. The total is now $109.45. The customer has a $100 Gift Certificate and enters their GC code of 123456. (So we are using 2 codes now)

Now, here is where the Gift Certificate is different from a coupon. A coupon/discount gets taken off the price of the merchandise, but a GC needs to be taken off the FINAL price after shipping and tax have been added. So, at this point the $100 GC is deducted from the total bringing the final charge amount down to $9.45.

I am unable to find this type of control over discounts/coupons/etc. within the demo store manager - I only see a universal loop number setting. Is this type of granular control built-in and I am just missing it or will this require some serious customization or wild free-form logic of the program code?

Also, thanks for the info on the Linkpoint gateway support...with that in place I will go ahead a become a pro member.

Manny

Only 1 discount/coupon/GC can be used at 1 time.
I don't know of anything that will allow for multiple codes and to do what you are asking.
However, you can ask that in the Pro Forum as that would be a more advanced feature/hack/coding.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Thanks for the info. I will check in the Pro forum once I am granted access.

Manny

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1