The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Main page product images
Post Main page product images 
So i have my store setup at www.birthdaysuitapparelcompany.com/cgi-bin/agora.cgi

and have my design and products up and working and everything looks ok.

EXCEPT:
the main page images for products will not show up - even though if you click on the product and go to the product details the image will show up on that page!?

HELP!!

Could you please elaborate a bit and take us step-by-step?
When I look at your store, things do appear to be there, although I am seeing some code that is in a file that shouldn't be there... it is either in your header, footer or index.html(found in the 'html' directory) file:
Code:
<link href="http://www.birthdaysuitapparelcompany.com/ditto-screen.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I'm leaning towards it being in the footer, but whatever file it is in, it MUST be removed.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post but it breaks everything 
so i remove that code and it breaks all the styles. I've attempted to put the styles in the main style sheet and the template style sheet as well and it does not carry over at all.

http://www.birthdaysuitapparelcompany.com/cgi-bin/agora.cgi

Then you haven't set up the CSS Design manager properly.
Since you are running the store in the cgi-bin, you need to complete the setup of the 1st item in the CSS Design Manger.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post 0k 
so i have the level set at 1

the store is at root/cgi-bin/

the style sheet is at root/

correct?

Get a Gold Membership
Post hmmm 
well then i'm super confused as to why the styles dont work now. With the link to the style sheet in the footer they work perfect. Without it there they dont work.

Remove it from the footer and fix the one in the CSS editor area.
The one that is in the head area looks like something is wrong with the domain name?????
This is what I see there.... Could that be why it doesn't work????
http://www.birthdaysuitapparel.com/ditto-screen.css

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post main product page 
I changed the css to point to 1 but still does not work. Where can I go and what do I change to make images appear on main product page in agora 5.0?

You do not appear to be seeing that you are using the wrong domain name to call your css file...
You keep trying to call the css file at:
<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="http://www.birthdaysuitapparel.com/ditto-screen.css">

IT SHOULD BE:
<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="http://www.birthdaysuitapparelcompany.com/ditto-screen.css">

If you don't have the appropriate domain name, you won't be able to call the correct css file.....

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I have not set up store( tiptopuniforms.com) to go live I have older version and am still unsure how to make images show up on main product page. Here is url where store is: http://host461.ipowerweb.com/~tiptopun/cgi-bin/storepro5/agora.cgi

Thanks, God Bless and have a great day.
Rich-II Timothy 4:7

It appears that you don't have an image file name specified in the product database...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I copied my database from the older version to the 5.0. I still don't understand where the image file name is supposed to be. I am familiar with html so just need to know what and where.
Rich

You should be able to fix the image file names through the manager -> Product Edit area.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Which area do I upload the image for the main product page? The picture is uploaded for the cart item itself but it does not show up on main product page. Do I upload the image in one of the other upload boxes? Do I need to resize the picture also? Thanks, God Bless and have a great day.

Rich
II Timothy 4:7

Uploading an image with the product DOES NOT automatically link that image with the product.
You MUST fill in the "Image File Name" field in the Product Edit/Add screen in the manager. That field is just above and to the right of the upload area.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I have done this more than once and the image still does not show up. I even tried a different image. They show up on the product pages but not main product page.
Rich

I'm not sure what you mean by the "main product page".
If you are talking about the "Home" page of the store, the one that has
"See What's inside our Store:"
Then the images that you are missing is that you have not got an image specified in the "2nd Image" field of the database (Product Add/Edit screen in the manager).
That image needs to be formated in the field like:
%%IMG%%myimage.jpg

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks it works now. How do you change the background color of the main product page? I changed the header and footer but the middle is still the same color.
Rich

That would be in the css editor area.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
How do I incorporate the part of the cart that say see what's inside our store into our website? I am familiar with html but not sure where to get the info and how to incorporate into site without having all of the other info about the cart showing up.
Rich

It would just be a matter of putting a link on the site to the store...

Get a Gold Membership
Where do I go to change the page links at the top of the page? eg. home page, main store page, contact us etc.
Rich

Those are created dynamically based on the html pages found in the 'html' directory of the store.
IE: Contact_Us.html turns into the "Contact Us" link.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks. What about the main store page? Where is this one located? I did not see in html directory.
Rich

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next