The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to password protect the entire store?
Post Is it possible to password protect the entire store? 
This may sound like an odd question but is it possible to password protect the entire store [Cpanel/Password protecting the Agora directory) so only my employees can use Agora to set up orders? Agora has all of the features I am looking for but I don't want the general public to be able to use it to purchase anything - Just my employees. Using it as an advanced ordering system. I will be using the enterprise version and USAEPAY as the payment processor. - I have an idea that I won't be able to limit access to the products and shopping cart by doing a password protect because perhaps any post-backs to the script (If there are any) would probably not be able to complete if the root directory for the system was password protected.

Thanks,

Blogus1

yep you can htaccess protect the entire store.
i haven't heard of any problems with remote gateways poating back nor clients being redirected or clicking back into the store. as long as the browser is not closed than htaccess session should be valid without having to log back in.
give it a whirl and if you enounter any problems you can remove the htaccess from the store root.
do a robots.txt to keep the honest robots out of the store folder. though it's unlikely they will be able to get in. but it's still a good i dea to tell them the subdirectory and all files and folders under it are off limits.
d

I am going to give it a try. Good info about the robots.txt - I never thought about that! Great idea!

there is no armour in the robots.txt file. always assume everything on the net is being archived someplace when you consider securty. the robots text file will hopefully prevent any instance of a direct link to your store for a seach query. i personally think it's like an unlisted phone number. most ppl don't see it but the bad guys can get it if they want it.
d

if you have something secure and don't want it known, do not put it into a robots file as the dishonest ones look there first for stuff they can munch on. The honest ones work with ya so they don't index it, but for security purposes... don't even mention if that is a problem.

but in regards to the cart itself... Dan hit it spot on with the .htaccess (even good for the above situation that you don't want spidered... if you list the user and password near the link, it might be okay fo those things you don't want spidered, but want to give public access to)

ME

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1