The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Database Export Error
Post Database Export Error 
Hello,

I'm attempting to Export my entire database but I keep getting the following error:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@suesbedandbath.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I've attempted to export the db in all the different formats (pipe, tab, csv) but I keep getting the same error. I check my data_files directory and the export is there but the file is missing a lot of information - not all the records are exported.

Has anyone else experienced this error before? Is this due to the db size (I only have about 1,100 records) or is it a configuration error.

Thanks in advance.

Whenever you get a 500 error, it is usually because a .cgi file doesn't have 755 for it's permissions.
Check the error log in the manager and check your server's error log. The actual error recorded in the log may give move information as to why that error occured.
BTW, which version are you using?

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I'm using AgoraCart PRO Store Manager ver. 4.0K-4b Standard -- I've actually taken on this job for a friend and would like to be able to update the database (either deleting or adding products) without having to do it one product at a time so I figured I could export the db and then make the necessary changes and then upload the entire db to reflect the changes on my site.

I'm able to export smaller databases, i.e., when the database has roughly 200 records, without any problems. It's only when the database contains a lot of records that I get the error. Half the 1100 records (from my main database) end up being exported but I'd like to get the entire db to export. Do you know if this is still due to permission issues?

Thanks again.

I would just download the data.file then open and edit it in excel.
Then you can just do an import when you get done...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I've made all updates by updating data.file and it's working beatifully.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

--
aymoonie.

this maybe a server issue. servers are being set up limit scripts processor usage. if you're able to export a small data.file and not a large data.file then the sever maybe killing the process. contact your hosting to see if they can up this limit. they can test settings with your dB and a test cart on some account. i would suggest that they use your dB (not on your live store!) and duplicate the products 4 or 5 times auto assigning numerical product ids with excel. so about 6000 products importing and exporting should cover most of their client's needs by using an actual process as opposed to limiting processes with an arbitrary value.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1