The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Size Display Options (Use of a Summary Image)
Post Size Display Options (Use of a Summary Image) 
I have a product that has multiple sizes (for simplicity say S M L). I want to give the user the ability to order all these on the same page without a drop down menu. Obviously this is easy to do by just making each their own product, the "problem" is that by doing so you will display an image for each where really one image is needed.

For example (assuming an oversimplified one per line set up):

<T-Shirt #1 Image> <S> <quantity field>
<T-Shirt #1 Image> <M> <quantity field>
<T-Shirt #1 Image> <L> <quantity field>
<T-Shirt #2 Image> <S> <quantity field>
<T-Shirt #2 Image> <M> <quantity field>
<T-Shirt #2 Image> <L> <quantity field>

What I want is:

<T-Shirt #1 Image> <S> <quantity field> <M> <quantity field> <L> <quantity field>
<T-Shirt #2 Image> <S> <quantity field> <M> <quantity field> <L> <quantity field>

I think just looking at the way the text displays above you can see why I want to do this - much more concise when you have many products with many sizes. I've dug around a lot and can thing up some workarounds, but nothing that really achieves the clean look I desire.

Any advise would be most helpful, also would this be something that the Pro Version does? I think I've pretty much tweaked the free version as much as I can....

Here is a link to the site http://host519.ipowerweb.com/~skatesea/cgi-bin/Agora/agora.cgi

Thanks again!
Brent.

Take a look at the sizes_opt.html file in the 'html/options' directroy for help on setting that up.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks! That's definitely what I was looking for (guess I have to add the sizes back into the checkout now Wink )

So as a follow up, is there a way to make the sizes variable based on availability. For instance, if I'm out of Medium, I dont want it to show up. I suppose I can just make an Option Set to cover all the combinations, and then specify them via a CSV update, but an automated means would be more useful. I suspect that is the best way (individual option sets), but I have a stock guage in there too, so if there was an automated method to limit, I would imagine I could incorporate my guage as well.

Alternatively I know there is a quantity field, but using this method (as opposed to the inventory item per size method) is there a way to display the quatities per size?

Thanks again,
Brent.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to inventory options, just products.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Hmmm I think I could probably work around it if I could add fields. Im about maxxed on the premade ones now. Obviously, adding columns in the CSV is no problem, but where would they be referenced then, the agora.cgi file?? I know this is some real tweaking of the app but it'd be immensely useful to at least provide an in stock quantity per size, and if I had additional fields, this wouldnt be a problem at all.

Thoughts?

To get additional user fields, you would need to upgrade to the pro version of the cart...

Get a Gold Membership
Ack! Though I'd figured I'd hit that eventually. Now, do I need only the Lifetime Membership? Or that AND the booster pack? Thanks!

10 user field version requires Premier Membership
20 user fields, Premier Membership PLUS Booster Pack.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
OK, I upgraded to Lifetime, but now what? I haven't received any email on downloading? I'm assuming you'll just email me when my account has been set up and I can login and download, correct? Maybe I'm missing something, but that's all I can figure at the moment.

Thanks!

I don't handle the memberships, but it can take up to 5 business days to get your order verified and get you added to all of the Pro Member areas.
When that is all complete, you will received and "Activation" email with all the info you need.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks, I figured as much, just wanted confirmation to ensure I wasnt missing some thing Wink

Post options.html??? what's this, where is it? etc 
I quote one of Bonny's replies earlier in this thread ..
Quote:
Brent,
Take a look at the sizes_opt.html file in the 'html/options' directroy for help on setting that up.

Where does this sit? How does it get populated? I.e. when does option information get put in it?
Liz

The file is located in the 'html/options' directroy.
It gets affiliated with the required product in the Product Add/Edit manager.
Then the cart dynamically inserts the information intot he product listing.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post So If I don't need to do anything else? 
So I use the Product Add/Edit Manager to populate this file, I don't have to do in and hand edit the options.html file?
Liz

nope. you use the add or edit products screen to choose the option by name. when you create an option you should name it something descriptive so you know which product(s) to use the file with.
you edit the file directly. it's in the store/html/options folder. create as many as you need. you can even make like 10 different option files then call them all with one.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1