The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Page Layout Ideas
Post Page Layout Ideas 
I am trying to set up a new store and I want to have an item like a car with tons of options. Whats the best way to set up a single column item with lots of options, say 50 or so.

Thanks for some pointers

I had to do something similar to this with my some items in my store...I sell craft items, and some of the threads/yarns have hundreds of different colors to choose from. First you need to write your option file. If you want car options, check-boxes are probably the way to go. You will have to code your options so that the consumer can multi-select. Lots of help on how to do that can be found in the variable options txt file in the protected/DOCs folder of your store, and in the Option Files section of this forum.

Then, I created custom productpages. If you are selling cars, consider a page similar to the productpage1c or productpage1d layouts. That way the customer can immediately see a list of all the cars you have for sale without scrolling through huge long option files. To see what these look like, just rename one ProductPage.inc and then look at how your products display in the store. You could add a small image/thumbnail of the car...you can do whatever you want.

When the customer "clicks here for more information", then they are brought to the search2 product page. You can change how this looks by editing the productPage-search2 file. If you use Cpanel for your editing it's really easy. Just open your store in a second browser window and refresh it as you change things in your product pages to see what happens. Warning - always save a backup copy of the original of anything you edit!

I have manipulated several product pages for my store (http://tseen.lunarservers.com/~salta4/store5/agora.cgi, try the "Threads" category), and I am completely new to html. It's not too hard...

If I'm talking Greek to you let me know. LOL

I am so new to AgoraCart that part is greek. I can do a bit of HTML but how the store works is hurting my head. I need to do a fresh install and start playing with it from there.

I looked at your THREADS section and that is what I need. Will AgoraCart let me use radio buttons and check boxes for options?

THANKS!

Yes, you can use many different form field input formats.
Take a look at the following thread for help:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=2116

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks for the help, sorry for the noob questions...

Is it possible to not have a quantity, or replace the quantity with a checkbox so you either have it or you don't? Can I make a dynamic page within agora cart that will allow people to select and de-select items and it will automatically update the shopping cart without the user knowing it until they hit checkout? I would also like to update the price as they select/un-select options.

Basically I want to port this page: http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/pricehome/kirkham-pricing427kmssc.htm into agora cart. Any ideas from those in the know?

You can do this. =) Put this into your option file:

<HTML>
<TITLE>Kit Option</TITLE>
<BODY>
<h3>--cut here--</h3>
<TABLE CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0">
<TR ALIGN="Left"><TD>
<font size="2">
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME = "option|004|%%prodID%%"
VALUE='Power locks|150.00'> Power locks (+$150)<br>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME= "option|005|%%prodID%%"
VALUE='Power windows|150.00'>Power windows (+$150)<br>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME= "option|006|%%prodID%%"
VALUE='Alloy wheels|500.00'>Alloy wheels (+$500)<br>
</TD></TR></font>
</TABLE>
<h3>--cut here--</h3>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This is a basic option file which will do what you want with radio buttons. This is how it works. The INPUT TYPE = radio, that means you want a radio button. You can make these checkboxes if you want. The next important thing is the "004", notice that each option gets a different number. Doesn't matter what they are as long as they're different; this allows the customer to select more than one option. The first part of the VALUE is what you want to show up in the cart and the price. The second part is what you want to show on the screen when the customer is selecting the options. You can add as many options to this as you want, as long as you give each one a new number. The </td></tr></font> all goes at the very end. Sorry it took me so long to respond! You've maybe figured this out on your own by now. Very Happy

BTW, if you want the customer to only be able to select one of a few options (say you have alloy wheels and premium wheels and you only want them to be able to pick one of those two), then I think if you call them both "006", it will only allow one to be selected. Not sure, it's worth a try. Very Happy I don't know how to make the price update as options are selected but I'm sure you can do it. Bonnie will have to help you with that one. I'm a newbie too; don't feel bad about dumb questions!

also, be aware of radio limitations. you can't unselect a radio or radio set once selected. this can be a very bad thing. use radios only for required input which makes their use very narrow in scope. you can unselect with js or other coding means.
when using radios always allow for "None" or a null option unless the set has at least 1 required (default) selection.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1