The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Multiple Databases
Post Multiple Databases 
Have any of you tried the Multiple Datafiles fix at http://www.agorasupport.com/multiple_datafiles.htm ?
I've tried twice now and receive an error on entering the cart. I am going to try again, this time I will write down the error. However, if any of you have it running I would appreciate your input.

Post Re: Multiple Databases 
I guess it pays not to copy the code. I manually typed it in and voila!! no errors. Now I need to get the actual multi-datafile going now that the code is good.

ugly_pete wrote:
Have any of you tried the Multiple Datafiles fix at http://www.agorasupport.com/multiple_datafiles.htm ?
I've tried twice now and receive an error on entering the cart. I am going to try again, this time I will write down the error. However, if any of you have it running I would appreciate your input.

I've got it working, but getting the links in line is the hard part, especially the 'next 10 matches' link ..

initial search 1400 results,click on next 10.. 3000 results :(

in agora_html_lib.pl

find

Code:
sub make_href_fields {
local($href) = "";
local($db_query_row, $db_form_field, $temp);

$cart_id_for_html = &str_encode(&cart_id_for_html);
$href = "cart_id=$cart_id_for_html";

and after that add

Code:
if ($form_data{'df'} ne "")
{
$href .= "&df=" . &str_encode($form_data{'df'});
}

crowman

quest continues..

while my hack fixed the display of products..it has broken display in cart. Now i need to figure out how to display only in certain circumstances.

help!

I'll continue my self-dialogue here hoping to save others time if they come across same situation.

The hack i tried above was too widespread..it made all links include df= link and that made the cart display faulty.

I now went to something different, I made a new sub simliar to make_href_fields called make_df_fields (snappy eh?) and call on it for my previous and next links. Now the cart displays accurately and the site remains faster because we don't have to parse/load the whole 40,000+ line database.

Now.. to get 'continue shopping link' to redirect to main page possibly (or maybe just use a javascript history go back (1) thingy) because it must be loading whole db.. its a bit slow too..

Once i nail down db issues..i can touch up shipping and it may be ready to go.

Unforunately I think you may be working in virgin territory, as I don't think there are many, if any, in the free forums using multiple databases. The info you used as a starting point is a bit old and may not apply to the new versions. The new Pro5 versions of the cart have some built in support for multiple databases, but there is no documentation at this point, so I can't give you any information. I just wanted to let you know why you aren't getting much response to your posts.

I and a couple other folks have looked at multiple databases. the biggest prob is time. If somebody funded it, it would have been done long ago.

I am looking at mySQL again.

Mister Ed .. of course ... of course

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Well i have gotten all the database issues resolved.
-users choose a df either via search form or menu (rather than choose a category)
- view cart and checkout use main df -so everything is dispalyed correctly
- next and previous links stay in same df
- continue shopping button goes back to main page
- a new link in store_header which takes them back dif section of site where most part lookups will be done. (to do this I added a hidden form field that passes the page to cart)

While this may not be perfect it is fast.

well if yer willing, send me the code. maybe I can refine it and make it available to others

ME

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Hi I'm having the same problem with my checkout cart. I won't display the products that aren't in the main data file. So it needs to somehow look in that df that the product is in. Can you post the fix if you have it? Thanks.

-mark

I do have a main datafile that contains the contents of all other datafiles. The i split the main datafile by manufacturer.

I never tried without the main datafile. So my fix wouldnt work for you. I would suggest having a main datafile (which is only accessed for cart display- and those occasions you want too ..search etc)

I will try to get my fixes all together to display here. It's just now that I have completed work, I haven't exactly had the desire to go back.

That sounds good, if I can do that. How do I make a main datafile that contains all my datafiles. In all there are 22,000 products and about 10 datafiles. So you can see why the need for multiple data files. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

-mark

Post Re: Multiple Databases 
hell-o
Quote:
I will try to get my fixes all together to display here. It's just now that I have completed work, I haven't exactly had the desire to go back.

well, now that it's been awhile would you be so kind as to cover the necessities? that would be great!
merry christmas!
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1