The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Three pay methods?
Post Three pay methods? 
Hello, Of course like almost everyone else here I am new to this. My question is can I have three options like the following setup for payments? One offline for sending in checks/money orders, one for a paypal address(personal acct to avoid fees) and another paypal(premier) for credit cards?
I have it setup now with two - the offline and one paypal. But that paypal only allows one email address. Can anyone offer any assistance on this matter?

Thanks,
Seb

You can't use both PayPal gateways, as far as I know... Not to mention, I'm not sure that the Website Payments Pro (credit card gateway) gateway is available for AgoraCart, as of yet.... If/When it is, it will be a Pro Member w/Booster Pack Gateway.

Seems kinda redundant to have both PayPal things, after all, you can accept credit cards througha regular PayPal business account, anyway.....

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thank you for the quick response!! Just to explain why I asked that question. I have a client that has a web site now. She wishes to sell books online with agoracart. Currently she has accepts paypal with her email address. But she has two addresses and asks customers to use the personal paypal so they can avoid fees. But if someone has no option other than credit card she has a second email for that. Also of course checks are accepted by mail. So that is the reason for the question of whether you could have two paypals. She has the personal to keep fees down, and it only allows 5 credit cards per year. Does this clear up the situation? I assume it is still not possible?

Thanks again,
Seb

Sorry, but it's not...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
However, there is no reason why she couldn't use another merchant account for the credit cards.
The credit card fees for Website Payments Pro are higher than some of the other credit card processors out there that there are part of AgoraCart's standard gateways.

Does she currently have a brick & mortar store that she process credit cards through, if she does, she can use the Offline gateway to collect the info and then run it through her POS machine.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
PayPal Pro will require advanced server applications (SOAP modules), plus it's not the least expensive gateway out there.

PayPal Standard and IPN are okay rates for small volume merchants.

Just be careful when skirting the Paypal TOS, your client might have their account closed on them and all funds frozen. PayPal is a 3rd party processor and not a standard gateway (outside of their newer Pro payments gateway.. the old and totally revised Verisign PayFlow Pro), so they have to impose more restrictions since they are technically the credit card merchant in your clients behalf.

Mister Ed

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Post more help please. 
Thanks for the info that you guys provided above. Can you please give a little guidance on just having two payment options. I would like to have an offline form (for customers to enter info and I can give info to them to mail check) and the other option be PayPal with my client's paypal address. She has a premier paypal acct.

I have tested with just the paypal and it works and just the offline form and it works...If done seperately of course. My problem is with the combo-orderform, It just doesn't work. Not sure if I have messed up the combo form or if their is a certain order to this process.

Thanks,
Seb Confused

Found the problem. I found a similar issue in another post and it said to copy the library files to the custom folder but a different post about another problem said to copy them to the add-ons folder. That fixed it then I guess. Seems to work now. Now if I could only get the button images to appear in the secure pages.

Thanks,
Seb

Yep, but those are basically the same thing, just in different versions.

In v4, it is the "custom" directory
In v5, it is the "add-ons" directory

Glad you were able to find the answer!!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1