The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Paypal Gateway
Post Paypal Gateway 
The basics of my site is almost operational enough for me to promote. However, when I attempt a bogus order and go to Checkout, it says, "This page cannot be displayed....". How do I fix that?

www.jacersgifts.com

Okay, it looks like you have not made the PayPal gateway the primary gateway and the cart is trying to use the default Offline gateway.
You need to go into th Primary/Core Settings and set the Primary Gateway to PayPal.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

The only Gateway I know is Paypal and I have it setup that way.

The next question that Payment Gateway section involves Allow Multiple Gateway and that is on "No"

Replace Order Form Tags is set to Yes, but that is the suggested default.

In the Primary/Core Settings, there is a place to set up the store URL and the SSL URL.
Make sure that the SSL URL area is blank...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Now that my Payment Gateway is established via Paypal, how does the site know to send it to my Paypal account?

It is all set up in the PayPal Payment Gateways settings in the manager...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

The only thing I have in that area is a drop-down box that allows me to choose which method of payment I want to use. See below:

Welcome to the AgoraCart Payment Processing Gateway Editor. Here you will select the gateway you wish to make changes to (to set the primary gateway, use the main settings manager).

Please select your the Payment Gateway you wish to edit:
2checkout AgoraPay AuthorizeNet iTransact LinkpointConnect NiftyPay Offline PayPal PlugnPay USAepay YourPayConnect

How do I link it to my Paypal account and email address?

Select PayPal from the drop down list to edit that gateway's settings.
As it says on the page:
Quote:
Welcome to the AgoraCart Payment Processing Gateway Editor. Here you will select the gateway you wish to make changes to (to set the primary gateway, use the main settings manager).

Please select your the Payment Gateway you wish to edit:

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I have done that.

For example: Someone places an order and I require usage of Paypal. When they supply a credit card number, how will my site know to accept their payment if I have not linked directly it to my Paypal account? I have a Yahoo email address for Paypal, but that address is nowhere in my Settings.

Maybe I don't understand the process.

Post Setting up PayPal 
Evidently, you have not...
You must set up the Payment Gateway Settings for the PayPal gateway!
In the manager, click on the "AgoraCart Management/Settings" link.
Next, Click on the "Payment Gateway Settings" button
Select "PayPal" from the drop-down list, hit the "Submit" button.

You will now be on the settings page for setting up the PayPal Payment gateway. The very 1st setting is where you put your email address that is used for your PayPal ID.

CAREFULLY read through all of the instructions and settings. Make changes ONLY as necessary.
Once you have all of your settings correct, hit the "Submit" button...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I am having a PayPal problem too. I can not make PayPal the primary gateway because it's not even available. Is it because I have version v4.0K-4b? The only payment gateways I have available are 2checkout, AgoraPay, AuthorizeNet, iTransact, LinkpointHTML, Offline, PlugnPlay, and zOffline. Thanks for your help!

-Brian

There are no PayPal gateways available for v4.0k-4b, except the pro member PayPal gateways.
You would need to install v5 to get the PayPal gateway and it will ONLY work in v5...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
OK, that's what I thought. So I tried upgrading with no luck. What's the best method to update it and does it cost anything? My web hosting provider (Imhosted.com) automatically installed the v4 version, do I need to have them do the update or can I do it myself?

No, go to the download link in the left navigation and get the FTP5 download file.
There is also a link to the install guide there, too.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post After Hitting "PayPal Payment" button 
Hi Bonnie, I have a question myself. Fortunately after reading this strand I was able to successfully link up PayPal, my thanks to you! Now my question is...when I hit the Pay with PayPal button, I'm linked to the PayPal site where you login. There was no credit card processing yet, I received an invoice in my email. What am I missing?

Amy

The credit card thingy only shows up if a customer is not a PayPal member...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
How does it know whether or not a customer is a PayPal member? How can I check that?

See, if you've logged into PayPal that day, there's a cookie on your browser that tips off PayPal that you've been there before and had probably logged on...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
You don't, but PayPal does...
See, if you've logged into PayPal that day, there's a cookie on your browser that tips off PayPal that you've been there before and had probably logged on...

HTH!

Yeah, I had the same problem just barely. Simply going into your browser settings and clearing the cookies solved the 'problem'... thus taking you to the pre-filled customer information page at paypal

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
In the Primary/Core Settings, there is a place to set up the store URL and the SSL URL.
Make sure that the SSL URL area is blank...

We are having the same problem. I set the path to our own SSL and would now like to clear it. We have deleted our URL to the SSL in the Primary/Core Agora Cart Settings and hit Submit. But it is not changing.We cannot get rid of our SSL URL in the Store URL section. We have tried Reset to no avail and deleting the URL and pressing submit to no avail. Any suggestions as there is not documentation at all on this. Thanks.

An Update: We did manage to delete the SSL. It is still not directing the order to our Paypal account. It directs the user to the Paypal home page.

What do you have set in the PayPal Payment Gateway Settings in the store manager?

Get a Gold Membership
GMkowal@optonline.net

Secure URL to Gateways server:
HTTPS://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

What other information do you need?

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr=gmkowal%40optonline.net&item_name=Two+Fat+Polocks+BBQ+Team&item_number=&amount=0.00&currency_code=USD&no_shipping=1&bn=AgoraCart&address_override=1&first_name=&last_name=&address1=&city=&state=&zip=&return=http%3A//www.2fatpolocksbbq.com/shoppingcart/store52/agora.cgi%3Fppret%3D3000980.8981

Maybe this will help in finding why it doesn't go into our ebay payment section.

Thanks to all who tried to help. I have been able to solve it.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next