The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Questions Summary
Post Questions Summary 
Hello Agora Experts,

I am setting up a shop for a friend. The shop is supposed to provide service within the US.We have done the layout and entered the products. Right now we want to do the final setups and connect the shop to the real world. Regarding this I have some questions (partially because I am not from the US). Can you please give me some hints (or link me to existing threads):

STATE TAXES: Is this all set to run, or do I have to enter the taxes for each state. Do I need special settings for this? Or is the setting of Shipment-Taxation rule enough?

UPS SHIPMENT: The shop will just offer UPS shipment. Does the shop actually contact UPS, or does it use the connection to calculate the prices? What settings do I have to do to activate this? I am using v.5 (free).

PAYMENT GATEWAY: My friend has an account at ICommerce Gateway. Since it is not listed as a supported gateway, should we change to a supported one (which one would you recommend) or can we easily configue the existing ICommerce gateway?

WEIGHT: There is a field in the product entry for weight. As far as I can see it supports numbers (with . for decimals). How can I enter weight with pounds and ounces (e.g. 12 lb 3.2 oz)? what is the standard format for this?

UPLOADING IMAGES: In the product entry there is an option for image upload but it is not working (it actually misses the upload button). How can we upload images?

Thanks for any support on these issues.

Post Re: Questions Summary 
futurist wrote:

STATE TAXES: Is this all set to run, or do I have to enter the taxes for each state. Do I need special settings for this? Or is the setting of Shipment-Taxation rule enough?

There is a Sales Tax Settings area in the manager to set up the state to collect sales tax for. You will need to contact your friend to find out the specifics and rules they need to follw for collecting sales tax. If they don't know, they will need to get in touch with their state's taxing authority.

futurist wrote:

UPS SHIPMENT: The shop will just offer UPS shipment. Does the shop actually contact UPS, or does it use the connection to calculate the prices? What settings do I have to do to activate this? I am using v.5 (free).

Agora utilizes realtime shipping quotes directly from UPS.

futurist wrote:

PAYMENT GATEWAY: My friend has an account at ICommerce Gateway. Since it is not listed as a supported gateway, should we change to a supported one (which one would you recommend) or can we easily configue the existing ICommerce gateway?

The Offline gateway can be used to collect the customer's credit card info and process through their processor's terminal. SSL would be required on the site, through the checkout, if Offline is used.

futurist wrote:

WEIGHT: There is a field in the product entry for weight. As far as I can see it supports numbers (with . for decimals). How can I enter weight with pounds and ounces (e.g. 12 lb 3.2 oz)? what is the standard format for this?
You cannot use pounds and ounces, it must be all in pounds, using decimals...

futurist wrote:

UPLOADING IMAGES: In the product entry there is an option for image upload but it is not working (it actually misses the upload button). How can we upload images?

Thanks for any support on these issues.

The uploading of images does work... What makes you think that it doesn't?
The store does not automatically link the image with the product when it is uploaded. There is a field called "Image File Name" that does the actual linking of the image to the product.
If you want to batch upload images, you can upload them in binary mode to the 'html/images' directory of the store.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1