The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Change position of Cartlinks
Post Change position of Cartlinks 
I want to make the Cartlinks go down the side of the header, instead of across the top of the page. How would I go about doing this.

Thanks

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Code:
<!--START Dynamic Links - cartlinks-->
<!-- .html and .htm pages in the html directory of your store, compiled in real time.  Add/Remove/Rename pages in your store's html directory to alter these links-->
<!--agorascript-pre

&capture_STDOUT;
&cartlinks;
$cartlinks =~ s/<ul>\n//ig;
$cartlinks =~ s/<li>//i;
$cartlinks =~ s/<li>/ \| /ig;
$cartlinks =~ s/<\/li>\n//ig;
$cartlinks =~ s/<\/ul>//ig;
print $cartlinks;
&uncapture_STDOUT;  -->

Edit as follows:
Code:
<!-- .html and .htm pages in the html directory of your store, compiled in real time.  Add/Remove/Rename pages in your store's html directory to alter these links-->
<!--agorascript-pre

&capture_STDOUT;
&cartlinks;
$cartlinks =~ s/<li>//i;
$cartlinks =~ s/<li>/ <br> /ig;
$cartlinks =~ s/<\/li>\n//ig;
print $cartlinks;
&uncapture_STDOUT;  -->

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Thank you! Very Happy

Is there a way to edit this code so that each link would display as a separate list item?

I would like to have the menu items display within an existing unordered list, so I don't need the <ul> </ul> tags. I just need each menu item to have its own <li> </li> tags.

I've tried several variations on your code without success, probably because I'm only guessing as to how to edit the code and don't know what else it is interacting with. For example, what does &capture_STDOUT; mean?

I'm now using AgoraCart version 5, thanks to your suggestion to upgrade!

Thanks,
Cam

Try this:
Code:
<!--agorascript-pre

&capture_STDOUT;
&cartlinks;
print $cartlinks;
&uncapture_STDOUT;  -->

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Thanks. This creates a nice neat list.

However, it creates a whole list including the opening and closing <ul> </ul> tags, which when put in the context of my code, indents the list.

I need the menu items to be enclosed only in <li> </li> tags.

It seems like I need to be able to edit whatever script is being called by the code you wrote.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to control in what order the links appear. They are not alphabetical, nor chronological by the last update time of each file. Can I control their display order? If so, how?

The store is at http://www.revitalizingministries.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi if it would help to see the code. It's still in test mode as I work out several design and formatting issues. All the store links work and some of the links to the main site work while we finish testing and a redesign process.

Thanks,
Cam

You've got some "illegal" code in your header file which MUST be removed...
It may interfere with the proper function of the cart...
The following:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Revitalizing Ministries</title>
<link href="http://www.revitalizingministries.com/revitalmin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.revitalizingministries.com/favicon.ico" >
<meta name="description" content="Revitalizing Ministries is transforming the worship experience through storytelling, the arts, and multimedia." />
<meta name="keywords" content="Storytelling, Living Bible Stories, Stories for Your Spirit, Revitalizing worship, Celebrating God's love, Transforming hearts, Transforming lives, Transforming spaces, Experiencing spirituality, Future of worship, God experience, Visual prayer, Visual scriptures, Bartholomew, Zacchaeus, Richard Matthews, Smiling Jesus, He became real, Engagement, Intensity, Nearness of power, Tools for using drama, Storytelling courses, Workshops, Worship settings, Performing arts, Lighting, Worship resources, Books, Religious fiction, Short stories, Devotional aids, Worship aids, Modern parables, Articles, Publishing" />
</head>
<body>

Also, from the header, remove:
Code:
</form>

The Footer file needs the following removed from the file:
Code:
</body>
</html>

Also, try this with your cartlinks:
Code:
<!--agorascript-pre

&capture_STDOUT;
&cartlinks;
print $cartlinks;
&uncapture_STDOUT;  -->

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Thanks! The new cartlinks code is working and doing exactly what I wanted. I appreciate you taking the time to figure this out.

Yes, taking out the extra code in the store header and footer is on my "to do" list. I included it because I didn't expect AgoraCart to add its own <html><head> and <body> opening and closing tags.

Where can I tell AgoraCart to include that information? I'd like the store pages to have a DOCTYPE and the other head elements to match the other pages in the web site.

The </form> tag was there because of the directions on "How to Integrate your Design into AgoraCart" at http://www.agoracart.com/help/designsetuptutorial2a.html. I've taken it out now.

Thanks for all your help!

Cam

If v5 is set up properly, Agora does it all on it's own... It is programed to automatically add this stuff to the pages.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Okay, thanks.

Cam

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1