The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
All disappeared after few months absence
Post All disappeared after few months absence 
Hi,

I didn`t login for a few months to the store and now all the products and scripting has disappeared. Is there some way to retrieve the store?

Thanks

Ask you web host what happened... they may have had a server problem and restored the website with a backup before you installed AgoraCart.
Agora doesn't just disappear...

BTW, do you have a URL for your store, if so, what is it???

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Only products and the changes made to the script disappeared 
Hi,

The cart did not disappear but only the products and the changes to the script.

Thanks

Then it was probably that your web host did a restore of your site's files that was out of date.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
one thing i tell ppl when they ask me why they should host with me is that i run a service for e-commerce ppl only. i do not host script kiddies or any other type of website that is not e-commerce oriented (unless i personally own it LOL).
one of the most important features required is the abilitiy to backup your site on demand and not rely on customer service or server backups. this is extermely important as you're finding out.
in addition to the importance of being able to backup your site is that the user must backup on a regular basis and backup when developing frequently so you do not lose any customisation. while developing, updating a site or letting it roll for awhile always think, "am i at a point where i would lose important information?". if you feel like biting your nails then backup the site.
with my cpanel setup you can download a daily backup that can be retstored entirely or you can generate a tar backup that you can extract files locally for individual file and/or folder manual restore.
if there is a server issue like a virus or crack then the systemop will delete all backups and retore to the last known problem free backup. this could be weeks behind where your site was at the time of restore. sometimes just a day behind can present headaches for the merchant. so ultimately it is the merchant/webmaster's responsibility to make sure the site can be restored with the least aggravations.
good luck
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1