The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Mediator Question
Post Mediator Question 
I have a rather unique business and was wondering how well your shopping cart will work with our products. At this point I don’t necessarily need to know the how, as much as if it will do what I want.

We sell light bulbs that are sold by the piece, by the inner pack, and by the case, and we offer discounts for multiple case lots. The situation gets more complicated because these bulbs come in nine different colors.

My competition sells there products by the inner pack, making the customer do all kind of complicated math. “how many inner packs to a case and then multiply that number by how many cases they want. If the customer types 20, they are not getting 20 pc. They are getting 400.

My competition claims if you purchase 5+ cases you get a lower price, I tried this and his shopping cart didn’t give me the discount, is he ripping off his customers???

What is complicated to me is the customer who is purchasing multiple cases of different colors “12 blue, 3 red, 8 yellow” entitling them to a discount. They wont receive the discount if each color is a unique item. If I call all colors the same item using a color selector will the shopping cart somehow understand what I am trying to accomplish and apply the discount? I could, and probably will have a box pop up with a selector of how many they want of each color but I assume even if I can do this it won’t allow a validation to make sure the quantity’s correspond. There is nothing worse than having conflicting numbers, forcing me to guess to what the customer wanted.

I love the fact that your shopping cart figures out the shipping by zip code, question 2, UPS rates drastically jump at 70 lbs, so we usually will pack 70+ lb. packages in 2 boxes. Will, or can this software combine shipments “1 - 30 lb. package not 3x10lb packages“.

Thank you very much wireman

The cart can do what you are wanting it to.
You can set up quantity discounts and they really do work...
The customer will be able to see the discounts. The color thingy really won't be much of an issue as long as the option files are done right and you know a little trick to allow line items to use mix-n-match discounts.

As for the shipping, in the stoe manager there is a setting in the Shipping Settings manager to set the maximum weight per box. This will allow for the shipping to be calculated based on multiple packages if the max weight pe box is exceeded.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1