The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
I sure hope someone can help!!!!!
Post I sure hope someone can help!!!!! 
I have my cart in demo mode right now so no one can buy anything. I'm receiveing the payment info from 2checkout but not getting any order information from the cart. The log order file is not being written to. 2checkout says I need a passback routine but I have no idea what that is or where to find it.

Can someone PLEASE explain this to me. I'm kinda new at this.

Thanks,
Ginny

I'm not 100% sure of this, but if you are still in test mode with 2checkout I don't believe the cart will generate the email and log. In test mode there is no info passed back to agoracart. All I can suggest is changing the settings in the gateway and at 2checkout to go live and run a test order and see what happens.

Post Help 
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I tried about 4 test purchases with both the cart and 2checkout in live mode and got nothing. I wrote to 2checkout and they said I had to have some sort of passback routine in order to send the info back to the cart to be captured by the log and then emailed. I wish I knew what a passback was. I know what it's for but not how to write it or find it.

Thanks,
Ginny

http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=465&highlight=

Post Help 
Hi,

I have 2checkout live. 2 days ago, I bought something small from my site and it charged my credit card so I know that part is working fine. When they email me with the purchase info, it is just the price, order number and what the persons address is. There is nothing that tells me what they actually bought. Also the log file is not being written to and no email is being sent. I have that set to go live also.

If I change the location of the log file in the admin area by typing in say www.anelegantaffair.us/store/logfile/order_log.txt or something like that, I do get an error message on the log file itself when I try to order something so I know the program knows where it is, it's just not recording real sales. I may have something set wrong in the program but I don't know what.

This is the message I got from 2checkout when I submitted a trouble ticket for this problem when they didn't email me with the product purchase details:

>You are using the sbuyers-cartpurchase.2c routine. When using a 3rd
>Party Shopping cart, you are actually only sending in to our service the
>Sales information and the dollar amount. The cart is responsible for
>handling the details of the sale. Most carts would be setup so that after
>the sale was completed on our end, the buyer gets sent back to a specific
>page of the cart to complete the order. Please check with the cart maker
>for details.

Since I got this email, I have tried all their different settings where they say I'm using sbuyers-cartpurchase.2c routine and nothing works.

Thanks,
Ginny

The first part is how the cart appears on the website, the 2nd section is what will be emailed and logged.

Are all the fields you want selected there??

Are you 100% sure you have the write to the log and email settings turned on in Store Manager? When I can get the time I'll go to 2checkout and examine my settings and post a brief tutorial. There may be a place to enter the store URL at 2checkout.

Post Help 
Hi, I made sure I turned everything on and edited the cart details and still I get nothing. Let me know if you figure out anything with 2checkout. I changed all my items back to paypal but I would like to use my 2 checkout as I paid for that one.

Thanks,
Ginny

Did this problem ever get resolved? I am having the exact same problem as described above in the post by vmagee11. The order is getting processed, emails are being sent, credit card is being charged, but the email that I'm getting and sending doesn't have any product details in it.

Also, the log file isn't being written to. I checked the path and permissions on the logfile and that seems to be in order.

I'm stumped. If someone knows what to do about this it sure would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Bill

the emails you're getting are most likely generated from 2checkout. this is very good.
the emails and order log you're not getting from agoracart is a very bad thing.

even though 2checkout tells you the transaction is complete it is not. not until agoracart says it is. agoracart will not generate reports or emails until it recieves a successful transaction code. for all remote gateways i know of you must linkback to agora.cgi so the succesful transaction message generated by your merchant service can trigger agoracart to complete the transaction.
someplace at 2checkout you will find a linkback text box where you put the url of your store. do not link back through ssl. the url may look something like this:

http://www.domain.com/store/agora.cgi

notice no https.

happy holidays!

regards,
dan

I think I'm really getting close.

Actually, I found the section of 2CO you mentioned yesterday and tried putting something in it... but that was before I noticed that it's looking for a handler routine, not a static page.

Anyway, after reading your response I went back and tried putting in agorra.cgi. Once I got the path right, it works without an error but all it does is load the agorra main page that comes with the cart. That's not really a good thing, either.

I'm thinking that agorra must have some handling page but I'm not sure what it is and not sure how to call it. I tried these...

\path to store\shoppingcart\agorra.cgi?2checkout-order_lib.pl
\path to store\shoppingcart\agorra.cgi?page=2checkout-order_lib.pl

but again I'm not sure if this is the right routine to call and I'm pretty sure I'm not calling it properly since the agorra main page loads in both cases just as if the stuff after the question mark was not there.

Anyway, I thank you again for any insight you may be able to lend to this.

Cheers & happy holidays to you as well.

Bill
Mt. Vernon, IA
... where the corn grows tall, the men, women, and children are all handsome & happy, and you would be amazed at some of the progressive conversations going on.

Post re: 2checkout 
hell-o
think of agora.cgi as the hub of all activity. requests for program functions get distributed through agora.cgi. without this file all other (almost all though you must use agora.cgi in all links) routines will fail or be blocked. so linking directly to a library file for example will get you nothing.
providing that everything else is correct then the url you link to from 2checkout would be
http://www.domain.com/store/agora.cgi
the url to agora.cgi will be suffecient to finalize the order. if you have the linkback (url to return to the store after a successful transaction) correct you will get the "thank you for your oder" page.
there are some gateways that have more fields to enter the url to agora.cgi. some gateways talk back to agora for qualifiers.
i have never set up 2checkout but if there are more conditions requiring urls then you must enter them.
another possibility is i found with linkpoint, for example, you must specify what type of account you need. online cc processing is not the correct account. you need ecommerce (and tell them you want them to allow for refunds). if you tell them your sales are handled by agora shoppingcart then there should be no misunderstanding.
if you need help then you can pm me and i'll take a look so i can be better informed. you can change the login/pass when we're done.
a note to all. whenever enlisting help always change all user/passwords after the help is completed. no matter who the person is!
regards,
dan

Post The mystery is solved... at least for my cart. 
When I signed up for 2CO the email they sent did not include an URL to use for the cart. However, on their Shopping Cart Specs page they instruct you to use the URL

https://www.2checkout.com/cgi-bin/sbuyers/cartpurchase.2c

This URL did not work with my cart! However, in reading over posts from milehightrader and extensive conversations with Dan, I have discovered that the URL suggested by milehightrader works. Here it is:

https://www.2checkout.com/cgi-bin/Abuyers/purchase.2c

So... in my hair-tearing struggle with the elusive wildebeast I can offer up the following suggestions.

First, in Store Manager, enter the correct URL which I have bolded above. In the "ready to go live" box enter yes (if you are ready to go live).

Then, on 2CO's admin pages, set up the following parameters:

In Account|Return, navigate to the third section on the page titled "cartpurchase.2c parameters". In this section set the option box to Yes and enter the full URL to your store ending with agora.cgi. So it will look like

http://www.yoursite.com/yourstoredirectory/agora.cgi

Now here's a bit of 2CO strangeness. When you do this, it also populates the Yes/No box and URL field on the page Shopping Cart|Cart Details.

You are almost there. Navigate to Account Details|Sales Details and make sure that "Put shopping cart in demo mode" is NO and "Request shipping address" is YES. I think the rest of the other parameters are optional as to how you want this service to work.

These "simple" setup parameters got my cart going after hours of head scratching. I am a complete newbie to scripting languages (heck, ask me how to do something in VB, VC++, or Fortran and I can whip it out in a matter of milleniums) so I apologize in advance for this being a "cookbook" approach to solving the problem. I'll probably send in a request for explanation to 2CO to find out what the difference is between their two scripts, but if it works, what the hey, let's make some money!

I hope this helps everyone who has been fighting to make 2CO work for your site. Thanks again to Dan for hours of his time helping me narrow down this problem.

Cheers and happy selling!

Bill

Post RE: The mystery is solved... at least for my cart. 
hell-o
whew! i new it was easy but heck dang! the terminology they use assumes we know what they mean! LOL
glad ya got it whipped and thanks for the step-by-step!
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1