The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Skip all shipping info
Post Skip all shipping info 
I would like to alter my store to completely skip the shipping info and confirmation page and just go directly to the agorapay credit card page. So, clicking "Check Out" on my cart would display the order total but the shipping info would not be entered. Instead, the "Submit Order For Processing" button would be there, so the next step is AgoraPay. The "Make Changes" button would not apply, since there is no shipping info to change.

The search button on this forum is not working for me, so I apologize if this topic has already been addressed.

Mark

Can't skip those screens... You can edit the text on them so that they are more like verification screens. The order form could be the acceptance of the TOS (Terms of Service/Return Policy).
The "Verify Order" screen is just that, 1 final chance for the customer to review what they are ordering and a final chance to edit their order as needed. So, yes, the make changes button would be necessary.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Maybe I'm not asking this correctly. On my cart, when I click Check Out, I am taken to a screen to enter shipping info. I don't want my customers to enter any shipping info, since there is nothing being shipped. I want to proceed directly to the next screen, where there is a button to "Submit Order For Processing" and a button to "Make Changes". This Make Changes button only allows me to make changes to the shipping info, which I don't want in the first place. If I want to actually edit my order, I can click back on View Cart Details.

I do like the extra page to confirm that I want to proceed, but I don't need 2 pages to do this, and I don't need the shipping data at all.

I'm sure I could set those shipping fields to display default values, but it would look much cleaner to just bypass that page and proceed to the final confirmation page.

Are those shipping fields used in other places? That is, if I just remove them and replace that code with a TOS page like you suggest, I don't want to cause other conflicts somewhere else. If I can just remove the shipping info, I can make the 2 confirmation pages work.

Also, I appreciate the fast and helpful replies.

They can be removed, but you may, also, need to edit the AgoraPay-order_lib.pl file's required fields array to remove those fields from the array, so the customer can proceed without those.

Definitely leave the TOS in there and develop a Terms of Service & Return Policy. It is VERY important to have this in place and is even a requirement of VISA and the rest for merchants who accept credit cards...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1