The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Turning off E-mail Receipts
Post Turning off E-mail Receipts 
Is there a way to turn off the e-mail receipts? I'm using LinkPoint, so when a customer makes an order, they get a receipt from Agora and from LinkPoint which is redundant. Is there a way to turn off that feature in Agora?

Simple solution. Go into Store Manager>Main Program Settings and configure it to not send the customer email.

Okay I guess I'm missing something then. The only option for e-mail that I see is to turn off the option to copy yourself on the customer receipt (the Do you wish to have orders e-mailed to you? option). Don't see anything asking if you want to e-mail the customer receipt. Am I missing something?

Thanks for you help!

Whoops! I had HIA when I posted that reply. You are correct. I'm not sure you will be able to shut off the customer email without hacking files. One of the Perl gurus will have to answer this.

I am having the opposite problem. The customer is not getting an email receipt and I trying to figure out to get the email receipt to work.

Post RE: Turning off E-mail Receipts 
hell-o
it's not really redundant. the email from linkpoint will allow for dialog between the client and any issues with linkpoint and to certify a cc purchase has been made.
the agoracart email contains the details of the products purchased plus any additional information you may want to apply.
an email from your site and an email from your merchant service provider is reassuring to customers that they will be informed of as much details about the purchase as possible. a followup email is a nice touch as well.
i wouldn't disable any email from agoracart, though it is possible.
regards,
dan

Post RE: Turning off E-mail Receipts 
hell-o

johnb10000 wrote:
I am having the opposite problem. The customer is not getting an email receipt and I trying to figure out to get the email receipt to work.

if the emails are not sending out then i bet you're not getting details of the purchase posted in the sales log, based on most questions asked.
check your order log in the manager to see if orders are indeed being logged. if not then you're not linking back to agora properly from linkpoint. if there are purchases being posted to the log then it's likely you have a problem with your server's mail program.

set up the offline gateway and test order log and emails.

regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1