The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Taxes setup question
Post Taxes setup question 
Hi people of the agora community!

So, I'm having a little trouble with tax setup. What I would like to do is apply the same tax to all products regardless of shipping destination and have this tax effective in the product pages (ie, the prices I enter in the database are tax exclusive and when you access a product listing page what you see is the price including taxes). I don't know if that's even doable with the agoracart. The way I understand this product is that it adds taxes when it knows the shipping destination (country, state, or even city!), which is kind of weird: shipping location is irrelevant.
When you buy a product in any country you also pay the country's vat, you don't go, like, "well I come from Arkansas, so I don't have to pay your vat".

So how would I go about setting this up?

Thank you in advance

Not sure if you are in the US, but in the US, taxes are based on the shipping destination.
But, tax is only applied to those shipments that are going to locations in the state from which you ship from. If a shipment goes outside of the shipper's state, then the shipper/merchant does not charge the sales tax. It is against the law to charge sales tax for a state in which you are not a registered seller or do not have a shipping location.

It may be different in the EU or other countries, but not in the US...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Well ok, I get your point but I'm setting up shop in France, so everybody pays the vat regardless of where they're from or where products'll be shipped to. It seems that the agoracart was designed with the American way in mind.

So what kind of tax logic would I have to set up in order to deal with taxes independently of the shipping destination? And how?

Needless to say, I'm a little confused.

Or perhaps I should include taxes directly into the prices read from the database and forget about any "tax logic"?

You could do that... Or you could try putting something like this in the extra tax logic:
Code:
$city_tax = ($subtotal *0.014525);

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
ok, I see. Sounds straight forward enuff.

thanks!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1