The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The new css files
Post The new css files 
I finally resolved a problem I had with the 5.2 css files. Although the setup mentions you may have to move the css files out of cgi-bin (I have no idea why the server won't load them from there) setting the Number of levels between agora.cgi and the CSS file to 2 in my case did nothing. If I looked at the generated source the link was still:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="agorastyles.css" media="screen">

I did a grep of the files to locate the link code and then modified all the references to the css file in "agora_usr_lib.pl" to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../agorastyles.css" media="screen"> and put the css files in my root directory for now.

Was setting the Number of levels between agora.cgi and the CSS file to 2 supposed to modify something?

It works now. Probably just as well to keep all my css files in one site directory any way.

There is also another small thing, the maxp option is limited to 300 if you exceed that number it doesn't default to the max, but instead goes to what is set in the manager setup. My previous version was set to 1000. Took a while to find out what was happening. Be nicer if when it is exceeded it went to 300 not to a lower number.

I may get this cart going yet!
Cheers,
Stan

Yes, it was supposed to edit that setting...
There may be a conflict in the settings if you did an upgrade...

The problem may be laying in old settings still in the agora_user_lib.pl file that are interfering.
To fix that, do the following:
1. Go to the Content Management Systems options screen. Do this by either clicking on the "CMS - Content Management" link below the store title or the store tab at the top labeled: CMS - Content Management.

2. Click on the button labled: CMS - Store File Editor

3. Select the file called agora_user_lib.pl (in the box near bottom of page).

4. Completely remove these two sections:

4a. - this line:
#:#:#: start CSSDESIGN settings

and everything until and including this line (no matter what is in it):
#:#:#: end CSSDESIGN settings

4b. - this line as well:
#:#:#: start TEMPLATE settings

and everything until and including this line (no matter what is in it):
#:#:#: end TEMPLATE settings

Then save the file.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post I'll do as you suggest tomorrow, however 
I'll try the above tomorrow, I'm tired now.

This is a complete new install, not an upgrade! Everything should have been fresh V5.2 with nothing from my previous V4.

I used FTP5.cgi for V5.2

Cheers,
Stan

PS: I can eventually hack anything and make it work, it just takes so much time.

In v5.x you want to handle as much as possible in the manager as when new files are available they will overwrite any hacks you make to the core files...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Store update removes changes 
OK, I see what you mean. I did an update and lost my path to the CSS files.
Two things here:
1) if I modify agora_user_lib.pl from
$sc_standard_head_info = qq|<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="agorastyles.css" media="screen">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="agoratemplate.css" media="screen">

To this (note added forward slash)
$sc_standard_head_info = qq|<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/agorastyles.css" media="screen">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/agoratemplate.css" media="screen">

I access the file in my cgi-bin and don't need to move them outside of cgi-bin.

2) About the note above to alter the agora_usr_lib.pl from CMS Content Management, I have six buttons available there and there is no "CMS - Store File Editor ". Is there an add on available?
I have these six; "Basic Option Files", "buySafe Bonding", "Cart Contents - Display/Email", "Featured Product", "Merchant Tools and Resources", and "Store Header Footer Editor".

I have played with the CSS settings and level 0 thru 5 does nothing to the path. Changing the question about a copy of the css file to "no" does change the path; i.e.,
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="html/html-templates/templates/TheAgora/TheAgora_ProBlue/agoratemplate.css" media="screen">

Cheers,
Stan

Last edited by standouglas on Sun Jan 20, 08 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
It should be a link up near the top... not a button.

Get a Gold Membership
Post no link anywhere on the CMS - Content Management page 
There nothing labeled Store file Editor! No link, no button.

Check this:
An alt/Prt_Scr jpg of the page!!!

If I manually inspect agora_user_lib.pl those two sections are not there anyway so it's a mute point, i.e., #:#:#: start CSSDESIGN settings, and #:#:#: start TEMPLATE settings are not in the file.

Are you talking about a different version or something? I'm running V5.2.000.

Can you address some of the other things I mentioned. Like why yes/no has an effect on the location of CSS files and the "level" does not?

I believe there's more to this than I'm "Just not paying attention".

Regards,
Stan

Okay, Stan... I hadn't installed v5.2 until now... I was thinking it was more like the current pro version, but it isn't...
Not sure why the CSS thing is a problem... I'll have to contact Mister Ed to find out what the problem is...

Get a Gold Membership
This has now been fixed in the files.
Use the "Upgrade AgoraCart Modules" manager and update the files.
Then, go into the "Primary/Core Settings" and hit the "submit" button and it will reset the settings.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post Thanks 
Thanks,
It works now for me with "2" and generates a ../../css location

Cheers,
Stan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1