The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help with adding categories!
Post Help with adding categories! 
Rolling Eyes

hi, i am new to Agora, i just don't know how to add new categories and change the existing categories!!!
please help

many thnaks

In less than an hour and a half, I loaded the program, altered everything I needed to, changed the template to my own and altered the html pages, etc. Completely setup.

And yet, in the past 2 hours I have not been able to figure out how to change the categories, remove or add. Please could someone answer this or direct to the area of the docs that specifically gives instruction as I was not able to find that in the docs.

THANK YOU!!!

I figured it out, one way anyhow: go in to edit product and edit individual items, one at a time, that come with the program, just retype in the category name and you have a new category automatically set up. Then just delete the products you don't want when you are done and the categories associated with them will automatically disappear.

For sub categories, find an item with subcategories and you will see how to change that or add them. It's located in User4 box.

Is it me, or is this a really strange way to set up categories in a shopping cart?

The categories are dynamically created based on the products that are in the database...
If there are no products in a particular category the category doesn't show up...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Trouble with categories after upgrading to 5.2 
Hi - I am having trouble getting the default / shipped product categories to disappear. Rather than deleting the shipped products - I exported my product catalog from my agora 5.0 database and imported it into 5.2 I only have 2 categories for my own products: "Tickets" and "Merchandise" - but for some reason these new product categories are not appearing and all of the old ones (for which no "products" in the product database no longer exist).

I think I have my store settings set up properly to dynamically create the product categories based on the database.

Any ideas on this one?

-Operaman

To rebuild the categories, you will need to open up the product Edit area and just choose any product.
Then, click the "Submit Edit" button.
This triggers the rebuilding of the category links.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Categories Refresh 
Thanks a bunch! In the interim (since my post) - I thought I would try that and that did indeed do the trick.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1