The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Problems after setting up shipping manager
Post Problems after setting up shipping manager 
First off, let me say that, until I hit this snag, setup was going like a dream. Love this script, and will certainly be getting the gold version. Kudos to the designers.

Now, to the snag. I was trying to set up the shipping settings, as I'm in Australia and we don't have UPS blah blah, you've all heard this a million times. I carefully set up the Shipping Logic and rewrote the code on the PayPal-orderform.html. Suddenly, I got an error message when I tried to Check Out on the storefront.

We're sorry, an error has occured.
Please hit the browser back button, change what was done in error, and try again.

Hmmm, says I, and changed it back to the original PayPal-orderform.html. Same problem. Changed to NiftyPay just to see what would happen. It went through to the checkout fine. Checked out the Offline setting. No worries. Went back to Paypal and I get the same error message.

I thought perhaps the PayPal-orderform.html had become corrupted, but I checked it against one of the NiftyPay forms, and there's no serious problems that I can see. And of course, I can't exactly reinstall the entire thing... well, I could, but it would be a pain. Thus, I need help.

The shop is located at http://scoreworks.com.au/Shop/store52/agora.cgi

This is one of the resultant error logs.

agorascript-pre #1.1 error(Order Form Prep 2) syntax error at (eval 2Cool line 2, near "br>"<br>BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at (eval 2Cool line 5, <ORDERFORM> line 1.<br>
FILE=agora.cgi
LINE=1138
DATE=Friday, June 20, 2008 at 23:32:39
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/scorewo/public_html
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip,deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
HTTP_CONNECTION: keep-alive
HTTP_COOKIE: s_pers=+s_favsn_paypalglobal_1=9062095264733
1525244205888; s_sess=+s_cc=true; cart_id=6507775.22078; s_pers=%20s_favsn_paypalglobal_1%3D9062095264733%7C1525244205888%3B
HTTP_HOST: scoreworks.com.au
HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE: 300
HTTP_REFERER: http://scoreworks.com.au/Shop/store52/agora.cgi?cart_id=6507775.22078
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14
PATH: /bin:/usr/bin
QUERY_STRING: order_form_button.x=1&cart_id=6507775.22078
REMOTE_ADDR: 220.101.77.248
REMOTE_PORT: 50749
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
REQUEST_URI: /Shop/store52/agora.cgi?order_form_button.x=1&cart_id=6507775.22078
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/scorewo/public_html/Shop/store52/agora.cgi
SCRIPT_NAME: /Shop/store52/agora.cgi
SERVER_ADDR: 74.53.206.82
SERVER_ADMIN: webmaster@scoreworks.com.au
SERVER_NAME: scoreworks.com.au
SERVER_PORT: 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.7 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Any help would be gratefully received. And now I'm going to kick the cat.

In the Payment gateway settings for the PayPal gateway...
In any of the "messages" boxes in the settings....
Do you have a double quote mark ( " )?
If so, that is the problem. You cannot use a double quote mark in those boxes, it breaks the code...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Nope... hadn't set up any messages yet. Just the address field. I'd put in my address with < br > (without the spaces) to break each line and a + sign for the international dialing code. Thought one of them might be interfering, but I just took them out now, and still have the same error message coming up for the cart.

Cheers

David

see if there are updates for the paypal gateway.
did you move any files from the library folder?
did you edit the PayPal-orderform.html file?
the agorascript pre could be from the PayPal-orderform.html file. you may have edited your shipping methods incorrectly.
d

If you did edit the order form, make sure that the file was downloaded and uploaded in ASCII mode.
Never edit any of AgoraCart's files using the cpanel's file editor, it can corrupt the files.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1