The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Can't log in to store manager after Ipower server migration
Post Can't log in to store manager after Ipower server migration 
Hi,

If I remember correctly, I am running version 4.OK. (can't log into manager to see)
My site is hosted by Ipower.

I can no longer log into the store manager. I have been in touch with their "tech support" people several times with no luck so far.

Here is what is happening. When I go to www.mydoman/store/protected/manager.cgi, I get the pop-up box as expected. When I enter my username and password and click enter, I get this:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I have been reading through the posts here about problems logging into the store manager after the Ipower server migration, as that is precisely when my problem occured. I tried going to the site via ftp and deleting the .htaccess file from the store/protected folder and then trying to log in. There was no longer a pop-up box and I got the same error message as above.

I downloaded a copy of the mgr_pass.pl from the store/protected/misc file and took a look. The username and password that it lists is correct.

I am at a loss as to what to do. The Ipower people want me to re-install the cart...

Any ideas?

Hopefully,

Frank

Post Can't access Store Manager - Permissions problem maybe? 
Hi,

It's me again. Still having problems logging into the Store Manager. I looked at the permissions for the files in my store/protected folder. The folder itself is set at 755. I noticed that the manager.cgi file is set to 644. I am running version 4.OK. Shouldn't the permissions for the manager.cgi file be 755 also? Could this causing the problem I am having logging in to the store manager?

Thanks,

Frank

I say SWITCH HOSTS NOW....
This is a VERY, VERY common thing with these ipower things...
I would suggest getting a new host... ipower just has a lot of problems...
Not to mention, they aren't really friendly to some of the perl coding. Their version of perl or some of the modules are out of date, as well as having some very common perl modules missing from the server or not always working properly... I've had many a client get worried beyond hair repair with ipower and ask for help...

I haven't found a way to recover the store after running into what you are.
This might be a really good opportunity to install v5.2... when you switch hosts...
Then, you can work on changing over any customized files from v4.x to v5.2.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1