The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Method POST not allowed....
Post Method POST not allowed.... 
Hi guys,

When I click the "Complete Order" button (PayPal step 1) or the "Please Click Here To Continue" button (PayPal step 2) I get this error message:

"Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /store5/index.html.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.naranon.com.au Port 80".

I notice that these buttons both have similar, but not identical, code associated with them: <form method=post action=" ">, and <form method="post" action=" ">. (Note no inverted commas around "post" in the first one. This is from the step one form). This differs from the code attached to the buttons that work OK, which is: <form method="post" action="$sc_store_url">.

The problem seems to occur with some browsers but not others. All later versions of Internet Explorer that I have tried have had the same problem but Epiphany and Iceweasel (Linux) are happy. What is going on? Is it a code problem, a browser problem, or a server problem? In any case, I need to find a solution because as things stand, no-one with a current version of Explorer can use our store!

I have upgraded all my modules, added the the </form><form method="post" action="agora.cgi"> line below <h2>CART CONTENTS HERE</h2> in the paypal order form, and downloaded/uploaded the form in ASCII mode.

The store URL is: http://www.naranon.com.au/store5/agora.cgi

Hope you can help,
Dave2000.

That link goes to a 404 error.

Could it be your server is having problems?

Also, what store version are you running?
I'm presuming V5, but just to check!

Regards.
Glen.

Thanks for thinking about my problem.

A 404 error sounds like a clue...according to Wikipedia this is a problem of the server not finding a requested file or not being configured to perform a requested action. Could it be that my server doesn't like the " " part of the code? But then why is it OK with some browsers but not others? Confused

I am running V5.

Regards,
Dave

here is the url in the address bar when i click on checkout from the viewcart page...
http://www.naranon.com.au/store5/
it has to be...
http://www.naranon.com.au/store5/agora.cgi
so in the core settings, for the ssl url make sure the url is correct. and if using offline or ipn or whatever where the store url is required then be sure it's the same as the core settings ssl url or whatever is required. this is for testing. before going live if you collect any confidential information then the gateway must be in ssl.
i don't recall any of the files you mentioned requiring anything but double qoutes or single quotes. i don't recall and back or forward quotes. so if you fine them, especially in a form method then replace them to normal keyboard double or single quotes... replace with the equivalent of what's there by default.
d

Thanks so much for your advice.

We are not using SSL on the site, so I had left the SSL field blank in Core Settings, as per instructions next to that field. However, after reading your post I tried typing the store's normal URL into the SSL field. This produced a warning about the site's certificate when I clicked the "Complete Order" button...not what we wanted, but at least a change in behaviour!

I then deleted the URL from the SSL field and suddenly everything is working as it should!

Of course I'm happy, but mystified! The SSL field was blank to start with, and it is blank again now, and nothing else has changed, except the site is working...and why did some browsers work and not others? I guess the purpose of these things is to stop us from becoming arrogant!

Thanks again,
Dave

well agoracart works. if it's not working it's usually a user error. and that's why i'm here. because i made them all and i still feel like and idiot. grin.
onward and upward, as they say. g'day.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1