The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Imported DB file, categories have underscroes, no products
Post Imported DB file, categories have underscroes, no products 
Hi

I am new to AgorCart so forgive me if I am being silly here, but....

I imported all products using a spreadsheet. That worked great. But the Category names had Underscores added for some reason. Then some categories showed products, some didn;t. Interestingly the category with underscores that had no products, litsed the products when I removed the underscore in the URL (even though the cat name still had the underscore).

So could someone let me know what's going on? I do not want underscroes int he category name, and would like to use product import to database due to having many products and categories.

Thank you

Can you post a url to your store please.
What Store Version are you using?
What did you save the spreadsheet as before importing (Pipe,CSV)?

As far as I am aware the import will add underscores in order to keep the cart stable, the underscores are filtered out when the cart prints categories to the screen.

I think if you can help by answering the three questions above, someone will be able to respond much better to your question.
I started with agoracart before the underscore inclusion which was V4 and not perfectly stable and left shortly after so have missed the underscore conception and I may give slightly misleading information If I attempt to answer.

Regards.
Glen.

I downloaded the latest basic version 5.2.005.
I saved the spreadsheet as a CSV from Open Office. In a text editor I can see it put the quotations around the fields (i.e. "0001").
I would rather not post the link, its a development URL and I do not want it indexed by Google.

In the meantime I have hacked another os cart I use to show the product options on the product listing page (the reason why I tired agora cart as I cant find another system that can do this) so I will be going with that now instead.

Nevertheless I think this issue needs fixing as it does not look good to have underscores on the category names.

Thanks

(P.S. due to lack of editing on this forum, I meant to say "I tried agora cart" above and not "I tired agora cart" just in case someone thinks I was saying I was tired of agoracart which is wrong, I tried it! Very Happy

The categories need to be with an underscore for the continuity in the links.
However, the categories' display code can be edited to remove the underscores.

Also, even when you import the db, you still need to choose a product to edit through the manager and just hit the "Submit" button to update the product links. With the edited code to replace underscores, that is not necessary.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
We'd like to get rid of the underscore too but clicking edit item in the manager just isn't efficient if you have almost 1500 items in the store. There must be a way to get rid of all of the category underscores at the same time. I noticed that some people were successful at getting rid of them. Please post your solutions here. (unless you did the "edit item" thing. I already know that works.)

Tanks! Very Happy

You can download the database and do a search and replace which will whip through them.

Regards.

Glen

You might be better to have your database ready for upload to the server instead of using the database import...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
also, be sure there are no leading blank spaces or trailing blank spaces in the category name in the final dB source. same goes for product ids.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1