The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help with Alternate Shipping section in product desc.
Post Help with Alternate Shipping section in product desc. 
I have my Alternate Shipping enabled for dropshipping, however, everytime I add a zip code and state to ship from and hit "Submit Edit" button, It shows up blank again and the shipping in my shopping cart is not updated.

Does anyone out here know what files and settings I need to have to make this work? Maybe I missed something. Everything else works, just not that section.

I have the Agora v. 5.2

Thanks

In the shipping settings, switch the LWP to http-lib...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I've done that but this probelm is when ading or editing products, the 2 fields for alternate shipping zip code and state always show up empty after updating the information.

I input the zip code and state, scroll to the bottom, click the "submit edit" button, eturn to the product update, edite page to see the results and they are blank again. All other fields keep the information I put there, just not these two fields. I doesn't want to save the information there for some reason.

Would it normally show something there after updating? or would it be blank but save the information somewhere in the database for that item? To me it looks like it deletes it when I update the information.

Just wondering if I need to do something more to make it save the information in those two fields like the rest of the item description fields.

That is okay, for now, the info gets written to the shipping_dimensions.file and is not written to the data.file...

I might need to look into the file as to why it doesn't show, though, it does in the Gold version...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
The program uses the default shipping zip code to calculate shipping but will not at any time use the alternate shipping zip code to calculate shipping.
I'v run several tests via different zip codes and the results are the same for every zip code I put into the product dscription.
I can see in the shipping_dimensions.file where it updates there but the rates don't change. Would I need to write these into the Data.file? If so, what information would I need to put there.
I plan to upgrade to the gold version eventually, I just don't have the cash to do it this week. Just trying to get started. This is the last thing I need to get done for my store to work with the basics I need.

Thanks

Has anyone figured out how to get the Alternate shipping zip code and State to show up in the Product description edit page? The default shipping zip code works but the Alternate Zip Code and State are never saved in the required fields in the Product edit page in the manager. They show up in the shipping_dimensions.file but that's it, nothing changes for the shipping rates.

I really need some help with this. It's why I chose this progam and I don't want to change and start all over again.

Someone please help here.

I'm actually not sure that it is supposed to be part of the Free version....
I think it may be only for the Gold version... Since it operates flawlessly in the v5.5 Gold version.
I'm gonna email Mister Ed, the AgoraCart codekeeper to verify that, though.

Get a Gold Membership
sorry for the delay. has this been resolved or is it considered a bug? I can fix if it's still a problem.

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Post Still can't get it to work. 
I never got a reply about it and it still doesn't work. I really need for my store to work with this feature (it's the 1 key item for it to work) and need to know if it is suposed to work in the free version or just in the gold version. None of the lists in the Basic or Lifetime memberships includes information about it and the free version to my knowledge has a list of what is included.

If this can be fixed I would appreciate it. Please just let me know what I need to do or provide to you to fix it.

Post Help anyone? 
Is there anyone who can help fix this? My store is completely useless without it.

Post alternat shipping not showing in add and edit products 
Mr Ed and Bonnie...

I have read the posts on this subject and it still does not show when you add a product or edit the product...

That is fine but I ma using excel to load my products via .csv file what is the column that the vip and the state need to be put into so I do not have to edit 100 products.

Thanks Again

Michael

The info is not stored in the data.file....
The script creates a file that handles that info...

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1