The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Authorizenet and PayPal not working properly
Post Authorizenet and PayPal not working properly 
Howdy!

I am upgrading someone from 4.x to 5.2.005 and want to use Authorizenet and PayPal. PayPal seems to be working so far but Authorizenet isn't. What I mean is that when you select credit card as a method of payment and it goes to step one, the order subtotal changes from whatever you have in your cart to zero. $0.00

I am cornfused! Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks!

How are you trying to perform the upgrade?
(Please explain as fully as possible.)

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
What is the URL to the store?
How are you trying to perform the upgrade?
(Please explain as fully as possible.)

Well, it's not actually a true upgrade. http://www.mens-jewelry-store.com/jewelry/agora.cgi is the active store right now. I installed the new store in /store/ and when it's all working, I'll just rename /store/ to /jewelry/.

You have nested form tags on the combo-orderform.html.
Currently, http://www.mens-jewelry-store.com/store/agora.cgi
does not appear to be using multiple gateways...

NONE of the Payment gateway files from v4.x, including the order form, can be used in v5.x.
Almost all of the files in v5.x are not compatible with v4.x files.
You can use some files like the data.file and the header/footers, but the header/footers all need to be coded to use the newer features of v5.x.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I'm only using the headers and footers from the old store. The rest is all 5.x. When you go to /store/ and click on an item in the middle of the page, it'll take you to the old store. Just edit the url and change jewelry to store and you'll be in the new store. If you want to see inside the manager, I'll pm you with the login.

You need to point your CSS files to the correct place. I can't find your css files in the 'html' directory...
You cannot have the .js script calls in the header, add them to the appropriate box in the store manager...

Your combo-orderform.html file has nested form tags, that needs to be corrected.
There should be <form></form> tags around each of the payment type button choices.

Fix the form and then see what happens.
Of course, I would make sure to have all of my html correct as html errors/poor html coding are one of the biggest causes of errors and problems in the cart.

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks Bonnie. Haven't been able to concentrate very well for the last few weeks. These were dumb mistakes.

Still having problems. It's working to a point. When I click to pay by card, it doesn't go to the Authorizenet site but to PayPal.

The PayPal link is working even though it says "GATEWAY USER LIB NOT FOUND!" in the manager. I made sure to load the PayPal lib to the AddOns directory but the manager isn't finding it. Weird.

You need to make sure Both the PayPal-order_lib.pl & AuthorizeNet-order_lib.pl files are in the add-ons directory. The PayPal-user_lib.pl & AuthorizeNet-user_lib.pl files are supposed to be in the 'admin_files' directory and NOT in the 'add-ons' directory.

In the Primary/Core settings, turn off "Replace Order Form tags".

I just tried accessing the store URL, but I got a file not found error...

Get a Gold Membership
I'm sorry. I renamed the /store/ directory to /jewelry/

I just checked again and those libs are where they should be and Replace Order Form Tags was off. It's vewy stwange.

I am seeing links to external .js in the body of your header...
The links are out of place and I don't know but they may be causing cross-scripting issues.
You need to get those in the proper place...

PayPal settings appear to be incorrect according to the PayPal-user_lib.pl error I am getting.
Go into the PayPal Payment gateway settings manager and reset your PayPal settings.

Get a Gold Membership
I'm still getting the "GATEWAY USER LIB NOT FOUND!" message in the manager so I can't reset PayPal. I put the lib files in the correct place so I don't know what going on. I moved the .js links and that had no effect.

I just switch back to the old store and am going to completely start over and re-install the new one.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1