The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Perhaps over ambitious~> Write to Data file?
Post Perhaps over ambitious~> Write to Data file? 
Hi to anyone viewing this topic,
I have a question thats been eating away at me for quite some time now.
I would like to find out how / where the agora program is writing the product information to the data file. I've searched a long list of places for finding this information, but alas I have not found much if anything on this.

Now to know why I'm looking for this information...
I am trying to impliment a user interface for my client to change product infromation, with as much ease as possible. So since I already have MySQL running content in their site and an interface for them to update content; I would love to have all product data coming from the DB and be fully automatic, or at best close to it. So far its copy & paste my day away, if they make changes.

If anyone knows the secrets of agora, and could share or point me in the right direction...forever will I be gratefull. And furthermore, if I can get this working.. I can post how to intergrate a MySQL db with the Agora Cart. :D

Thanks in Advance!!

Post RE: Perhaps over ambitious~> Write to Data file? 
hell-o
san diego, huh? i was born and raised there. :-)

you should be able to port out to mysql inputted data (from manager)through the files in the protected folder and library folder. will take lots of work, though. interaction throughout is another thing as well as security.

a mysql version is in the works and hopefully will be released in a few months. haven't heard an update lately.

hang tight. mysql is on the way.

regards,
dan

Post Perhaps over ambitious 
yep, sunny sd for the time being at least.
but you left SD? I didn't think anyone did that? :lol:

Im going to take another look in those folders you mentioned, basicly what I've tried was just using the find comand and looking for "data.file" since thats the name of the file, in hopes to find any of the code that is writing that file. As of a few moments ago, I've gotten as far as creating the interface which as far as function will create a new table with the updated product info and then I get an email saying its changed, then I just have to open the table in phpmyadmin, and save a csv file and copy the whole thing... no more long copy and paste sessions, just one time!
I look forward to Agora's release of a supporting mysql ability, but for the mean time I'm happy to be able to save my own time and will continue to search.

Thanks Dan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1