The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Free to Use and Modify Open Source?
Post Free to Use and Modify Open Source? 
Hi,
I have downloaded version 5.2.006.
I was under the impression that agoracart was free to use and modify at my risk as long as I do not resell the software.

However, when starting to set up my cart, in the html/ directory there exists an index.html file that says to modify for my purposes but throughout files included in the download of the cart are sections of text:

"this is an AgoraCart members only AgoraScript Snippet. You must be a current member at:
http://www.AgoraCartPro.com . Sign up or renew at AgoraCart.com
Copyright © 2000 - Present by K-Factor Technologies Inc., AgoraScript, and BytePipe"

It is not clear if I need to go through and delete all these snippets or if they are old comments that no longer apply? If I need to purchase some sort of license I can not figure out what I need to purchase to be legal. If I do not need to purchase anything to use the free download, it does not make sense why these comments are posted throughout?

Initially I thought I did not need to purchase agoracart gold, but I am very confused.

I simply want to use this software legally but do not have a lot of money or feel like getting a law degree. I tried searching the forum but can not find any explanation to this sort of question. I was hoping someone could please clarify the usage of this software.

If no one replys I will assume that usage of the free download is free of cost and unless I need technical support to modify to get my cart working as needed I do not need to purchase any license or support.

Thank you.
feblock352

That is pretty much an old snippet. You can delete it as it is part of the free version's distro.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1