The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Internal server error when running manager
Post Internal server error when running manager 
I constructed an on-line shop for a client using AgoraCart 5.2. You can take a look at:

http://www.linestolivebyvinyl.com/store52/agora.cgi

Everything has been working well for quite some time, but today my client contacted me to tell me that she has not been able to run the manager for a week or so. I tried it myself. I am prompted to log in, but upon doing so receive:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The fact that I am prompted to log in and I am not given an authentication error tells me that I am resolving and hitting the web server and that the .htaccess file is being found. So, I suspect, for some reason, the error is occurring in manager.cgi.

Some additional information: the shop is still operating fine, both the protected and the unprotected portions. It seems it is only manager that we cannot run. I have checked the file permissions and they are fine, 755. I have searched the file system for error logs but I have not found anything that has logged anything recent. I suspect I could resolve the problem if I could find the correct error log to get some clue as to what is happening, but clearly I don't know where to look.

Can anyone tell me where I would find logs of errors that occur in manager.cgi?

Thank you,
Jeremy

Good-looking store - nice job!

Whenever things break by themselves, it is usually the host's fault. So that's the first thing to get out of the way.

In regard to fixing it - looks like you already did the basics... the most likely possibility remaining is that the file somehow got corrupted.

The easy fix would be to do a fresh install in a new directory, and then just copy over the manager.cgi file (overwrite the old one) and see if that takes care of it.

If the client has cpanel you can check the cpanel error log for cgi errors... the 500 error generally means the script could not be run; so those end up in the apache error log rather than the agora error log.

Rachel

Get a Membership and join me in the Members Only forums!

I have located the problem. You were right on both counts, it was (at least sorta) the hosting provider and the manager.cgi was not running. My .htaccess file in the protected directory referenced a password file (also in the protected directory) using an absolute path. The hosting provider had reconfigured the host so that absolute path was no longer valid. As a result, the manager.cgi was never being invoked. I updated the path and all is good again.

Thanks again,
Jeremy

Did you edit/update the path inside the .htaccess file or
did you just delete the .htaccess file and reset the user/pass for .htaccess?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I just edited the path inside the .htaccess file.

The other option would have worked, too...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
The other option would have worked, too...

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1