The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
SALE vs. AUTHORIZE LINKPOINT BASIC
Post SALE vs. AUTHORIZE LINKPOINT BASIC 
Do I have to edit the Linkpoint basic order form to send a sale instead of an authorize? there is nothing in the Agora settings (payment gateway) for this.. Can someone let me know how to set this up so I dont have to go into Linkpoint to submit the sales..

thanks

Post RE: SALE vs. AUTHORIZE LINKPOINT BASIC 
hell-o
i'm not too clear on what you're asking. the linkpoint gateway is designed to automate a cc purchase. there is very little in the store manager gateway settings because the code does all of the work. as long as the account number and url is correct then you're set on the agoracart side. you need to set the linkpoint manager (at linkpoint) up properly or things wont work. this is a fairly simple task but confusing in the way they presnt it. just remember that the urls are all paths to agora.cgi and do not link back using ssl. example:
http://www.domain.com/store/agora.cgi
notice no link back to the order form nor to your home page. you need to linkback to agora.cgi so agora can complete the transaction and send out emails and etc.
check out the instructions at agoracart.com
regards,
dan

Post Re: SALE vs. AUTHORIZE LINKPOINT BASIC 
cf3752 wrote:
Do I have to edit the Linkpoint basic order form to send a sale instead of an authorize? there is nothing in the Agora settings (payment gateway) for this..

I am having the same problem.

Explanation: Whenever you submit a credit card transaction for clearing, it can either be a "preauthorization" or a "purchase".

With a "preauth", you are just testing to see if a person has that much credit available. Typically, the preauth vanishes from the person's account within a few days.

With a "purchase", you are actually debiting the person's account for the amount of the purchase.

Note the terms "preauth" and "purchase" are mine and may not be the correct credit-card processing vernacular.

Within Linkpoint, this preauth is called an "AUTHORIZE" and it is not the same as a purchase transaction.

When I make a purchase via the AgoraCart and use my Visa Debit Card, Linkpoint tells AgoraCart that credit card transaction is successful but it only does a preauth - my account really never sees a debit against it, only the preauth which dissapears from my online banking summary after a few days. Thus, in the real world, we may have shipped something that the buyer was never charged for!!

It appears to me that Linkpoint thinks I want to do a "preauth" instead of a "purchase". There should be some code/flag set somewhere in the AgoraCart that should control this. I know Perl very well, but not the AgoraCart application and I know very little about the Linkpoint interface, so I've not yet found out where this may be occuring.

I'm surprised that more Linkpoint processing/AgoraCart users haven't had this problem.

Linkpoint credit card transaction types are explained here.

The data fields that Linkpoint is expecting are descirbed here.

I'm pawing through the AgoraCart code right now to see if I can find out where these are defined...

I now have the problem tracked down to the credit card screen that LinkPoint is generating... it contains this HTML code:

Code:
<INPUT type="hidden" name="txntype" value="preauth">

Thus, it is forcing each transaction to be a preauth instead of a sale.

I'm trying to figure out if AgoraCart can pass the txntype value to Linkpoint so that their credit card page will work correctly.

I've looked all through the script LinkpointHTML-order_lib.pl and can find no clue to convince the Linkpoint credit card screen to change its value of txntype to sale.

You may need to check your merchant settings at LinkPoint.
For the most part, preauthorizations are preffered, especially if you do not ship the product within 24 hours of the order, which is required once the deposit is requested to your merchant account.
You, the merchant, probably needs to manually go into Linkpoint and do something to finalize the sale and cause the customer's card to actually be charged.
HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

it's sounding like Linkpoint changed their variables required. If not passed it must default to preauth mode. You will need to add the variable to the order lib file inthe section that builds the hiddent form elements.

please confirm if this does the tricka nd notify me directly or via one ofhte moderators if you don't know how to reach me.

thanks,

Mister Ed ... of course ... of course

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
I just took a look at LinkPoint's minimum required fields and they are as follows:
Quote:

chargetotal - <INPUT type="hidden" name="chargetotal" value="13.99">
mode - <input type="hidden" name="mode" value="payplus">
storename - <input type="hidden" name="storename" value="1234567890">
baddr1 - <input type="text" name="baddr1" size="30" maxlength="30">
bzip - <input type="text" name="bzip" size="5" maxlength="10">
txnorg - <input type="hidden" name="txnorg" value="eci">
txntype - <input type="hidden" name="txntype" value="sale">
authenticate - <input type="hidden" name="authenticateTransaction" value="true">
bname - <input type="text" name="bname">
responseURL - <input type="hidden" name="responseURL" value="http://www.mystore.com/store/agora.cgi">

So, in the Linkpoint-order_lib.pl file you will want to add to the rest of the hidden items:
<input type="hidden" name="txntype" value="sale">

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks scottcrew & Mister Ed, it's working now. I was very,very close before you posted - I had added the hidden field 'txntype' (seemed obvious, right?) but it still did not work, so I backed it out.

Your post enlightened me to the fact that there was another required field that also wasn't defined - 'txnorg', so I defined that as well and now all is happy - the transaction goes through as a 'sale' instead of a 'preauth'.

This is part of an internal order system that I am doing for a client - their internal reps order supplies online and thus they are somewhat 'trusted', so it's OK to make these process as a "sale" instead of a "preauth" - they did not want to have to login to Linkpoint to permit each transaction.

So, here are the lines I added to LinkpointHTML-order_lib.pl to get it to process the transactions as a "sale":

Code:
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='txnorg' value="eci">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='txntype' value="sale">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='mode' value="payplus">

The 3rd line above for "mode" is original code, but I included it above so you could see where I stuck the two new fields in the code.

Thanks!

I'll have to try to remember to add this in. actually make it a toggle switch in the gateway manager. If I ferget ... hopefully someone will remind me... so much stuff to remember to add ... lol

Mister Ed

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1