The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Paypal IPN - question before I become a member
Post Paypal IPN - question before I become a member 
Hello,
I understand that to get support for paypal you need to be a lifetime member. Which I have no problem with. But before I pay for it, I'd like a little more info if possible regarding the IPN integration. Basically, if I use the agora cart with Paypal IPN, does the cart take care of everything for me? Or do I have to do some scripting. Sorry, I'm new to this and just beginning my research for a solution.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Any links to web tutorials or online resources greatly appreciated.

-
sharon

the PayPal IPN gateway is all setup.... you just have to go though the manager and set hte proper info for the gateway and i believe you may have to set something up on paypal account but i can't remember as it's been so ong since i've set one up personally.... you won't need to script anything

Post RE: Paypal IPN - question before I become a member 
hell-o
all you have to do on your store side is upload the 4 ipn files ftp in ascii to the appropriate sub directories of your store, choose ipn in the manager then set your account number in the gateway setting. easy schmeezy.
there are a few custom settings in your manager at paypal to enable the ipn. it's not hard but filtering through all the other stuff that doesn't apply to ipn can be an excersize in humility. once you're a member, though if you have problems there are plenty of posts to research as well as willing members ready to help out.
regards,
dan

Post Re: RE: Paypal IPN - question before I become a member 
Dan wrote:
there are a few custom settings in your manager at paypal to enable the ipn.

Actually, there really isn't anything to set to enable IPN at PayPal. The IPN gateway takes care of all that. Enabling IPN at PayPal is for handling things a different way than AgoraCart does. AgoraCart's PayPalIPN gateway fulfills all of the requirements to use IPN at PayPal without setting anything about IPN at PayPal since it passes the return URL to PayPal.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post RE: Paypal IPN - question before I become a member 
hell-o
overview>profile>Instant Payment Notification Preferences (IPN preferences)

PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal payments with your website back-end operations.

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:
edit

i can't imagine what this is for.

dan

Have you ever read the PayPal IPN manual???
I have.... extensively....
It is for scripts that DON'T include the return URL when the request is sent to PayPal.
I've already spoken directly with PayPal's tech's about this and have things set up based on this information. I have IPN turned on in my PayPal account but the URL in the settings at PayPal go to my auction script and is not at all connected to the AgoraCart.
Since AgoraCart has the Return URL passed with the data to PayPal, the IPN settings at PayPal don't matter and are not used with AgoraCart.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

If I become a member, does the PayPal IPN include the ability to handle recurring payments or subscriptions? Or is there another way that the AgoraCart could handle recurring payments or subscriptions for a magazine.

Optimally, the subscriber would agree to recurring payments in the beginning and would not have to resubscribe each year or subscription term. Is that possible with AgoraCart?

Subscriptions are possible but it would require hacking the gateway to accomodate it.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1