The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
updating from 4.0 to 4.0k
Post updating from 4.0 to 4.0k 
I'm using a webhoster who provides cPanel. This allowed me to install AgoraCart automatically via it but it was the older version.
Could someone tell me how to update to the newer version please?
Another issue is that they do not support telnet/SSH and i ran the ID test & it came up with no ID. What my question is, is that will it matter? Do I need to update the wrappers aswell? (there are already some installed but unsure what version)
any help would be appreciated as I am a new to shopping carts and the code involved - just aout understand html :)
thanking you in advance,

mads

Since you are on a Cpanel host it is fairly easy to do the upgrade with minimum a of effort or experience. Go to the Agora2 forum on Yahoo and look for a file named "easy install Agora 4.0K up on a Cpanel Host.txt".
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/agora2/

It was put together for this exact situation. It will take you through the process step by step and let you do the upgrade using Cpanel's File Manager. If wrappers are in place you shouldn't have to do anything with them.

if you have a working copy installed, and you don't run under yer own user ID (it's nobody types), you will nee dot to a file by file upgrade... I tend to do these within 10 minutes. If you are fluent in FTP and the cart, you can use the 3rd party resources as a guide on where thing are... use the "where is stuff and perms" guide in the online manual for assistance in seeing the architecture of the script heirarchies. Otherwise, try an install fer under $10 fer files only ... ordered at agoracart.com ... or consult with another ASP partner

ME

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1