The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Ver 5.0 install problems
Post Ver 5.0 install problems 
I'm going round and round with this. I finally got all the permissions set (and had to change the first line of a handful of .cgi and .pl files). But now when I go to the store's main page, I'm told it isn't an executable. http://www.ogs.org/cgi-bin/store5/index.html

What have I done wrong? (Feeling really stupid right now...!)

You can't directly call .html files from within a cgi-bin, nor is that how you bring up your store...
Your store's URL is:
http://www.ogs.org/cgi-bin/store5/agora.cgi

If you can run .cgi scripts outside of the cgi-bin, install Agoracart outside of the cgi-bin, it is easier to set things up.
Within the cgi-bin you will need to turn on "self-serving images" and move your .css files outside of the cgi-bin and set up the very 1st settin in the "Store Design - CSS Editor" area of the manager.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
First, thank you for all the help you've given me to date. I think by now it is pretty obvious that I've never dealt with cgi-bin before. (Give me PHP, MySQL, and Visual Basic to convert data to MySQL and I know what I'm doing!)

Trusting your patience with another ultra-newbie question -- how do I install the program so that it is in www.ogs.org/store? I can set up a directory to act as cgi-bin, but it keeps installing the store in a subdirectory store5 (so I end up with www.ogs.org/store/store5)

Also -- and this is where my ignorance is really going to show -- if index.html doesn't call up the store, what function does it serve? I thought that /store/index.html is what people would use to reach the store.

I apologize for these really basic questions, but I am a volunteer webmaster who has spent a lot of years in database development and absolutely zero time in setting up anything dealing with cgi.

Thanks again for your help and your patience.

Upload the files to your public-html directory and run the install.
You can then rename the store5 directory to store.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Well, I now have a store directory. But now when I go to www.ogs.org/store/protected/manager.cgi, I don't get a page, I get the code for the page. (Same for www.ogs.org/store/agora.cgi).

For something that is supposed to be easy, I'm sure having a hard time with this... Confused

Not sure what was different this time, but I re-installed and now it works! Thank goodness!

Now if I could just get it to recognize the CSS. I moved both CSS files to the root directory and changed the level in the CSS manager to 1, but it still isn't seeing it. I looked at the code for the page and it is linking to the correct style sheet. Hmmm....

No... if you are not running the store in the cgi-bin, you do NOT need to move the CSS files.
Reset the Number of Levels to CSS file to "0".

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Argh! The stylesheets are in the same directory as the store and I've reset the level to 0 -- same thing. It looks right when I reveal the code, but it still isn't recognizing the CSS. Any suggestions?

Get a Gold Membership
I did that and lost the images as well as the style sheet. Sad

You might want to try a new install of the store.
Set up the "Primary/Core AgoraCart Settings - Set Up First!" area first.
Then go to the "Store Templates - Header/Footer" area and hit the "Update Template Settings" button.
Next, go to the "Store Design - Misc Settings" and set things up.
Finally, go to the "Store Design - CSS Editor" and just hit the "submit" button.

Let me know how it goes.

Get a Gold Membership
Great minds think alike -- I was doing a fresh installation while you were posting your last message Smile

I toasted the old installation and re-installed it in the cgi-bin directory, thinking maybe it would behave better there. I did the steps you suggested in your last post. The manager looks great now (I see images I didn't see before). However, the site itself is still with no CSS and no images. If I'm understanding things correctly, I need to move the html subdirectory out of the cgi-bin directory. Then set the CSS level to 2 and change the path for the images. Correct?

No, only move the css files, nothing else.
HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Did that and set the level to 2 (since agora.cgi is in /cgi-bin/store5 and the CSS files are in the root directory.) Still nothing.

Permissions issue, perhaps?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1