The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Wanting to Upgrade to v5.x but Hosting provider says ????
Post Wanting to Upgrade to v5.x but Hosting provider says ???? 
Hello All,

I am wanting to upgrade to v5.x due to some technical problems I am having getting 4.0k to run properly (the way *I* want it too Smile ). I asked my Hosting Provider if it would be possibe to upgrade to v5x and they sent this back:

Code:

We provide Agora web cart version 4.0K-4b .

We do not appreciate any other versions to be used. So we suggest you to use this version.

But if you really want to upgrade, please get back to us mentioning the version you want to install. Also the details regarding the databases used.

I was hoping that someone here with a technical knowledge of v5.x would be able to supply an adequate answer for my Providers so that I would be allowed to upgrade.

Thanks,

--Tim

All Agora versions currently use a plain text, flat file pipe delimited dB.
Agora5x is essentially the same as v4.x but has enhancements for more features and control as well as updated to current standards for things like shipping, mail, security updates, code fixes and more. If they don’t have a problem with 4.x then there is no reason to not allow 5.x. actually 5.x is preferable for at least 1 security reason I am not going to get into here and now.
Agora4.0k-4b will do what you’re trying to do as far as customization. I think you’re just missing some important points. Agora 5.x can do the same but there will be more files and more locations, I think.
You would be better off customizing from the beginning 5.x as 4.x is being depreciated more, nearly by the month with all that’s concerned with gateways, shipping and etc.
d

Who is your web host???

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Hi! *waves at crowd* 
Affordible Multimedia http://www.afmu.com/ they have really good support. They fixed the 403 forbidden error for me... it had to do with their Apache settings. (from post http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?p=20149

They are willing to let me upgrade if I need to (I think) Smile.

this is what they told me:
Code:

The agora cart up-gradation is possible, but the suitability of the software is not guaranteed. If you want to install the new version of Agora cart as fresh, please let us know.
Also please refer the link below;
http://www.agoracart.com/download.htm
Thanks for contacting support team. 

this is how they fixed the 403 Error:
Code:

The issue you faced was due to mod_security. Mod_security is an embeddable web application firewall.
         We fixed the error by adding 'SecFilterEngine Off' in .htaccess.

I do still seem to be having one problem (other than some visible style issues that you may see if visiting the site) is that on the front page /catalogue/agora.cgi (where it loads the index.html file from /html/) and on the Step One page the headers are not being loaded and I am not getting any style information. I was curious how to fix this in 4.x, but you'lll probably just say "Upgrade Already!!!!" Which I'm probably gonna do right now.

Thanks!

--Tim

You never posted your store's URL, so we can't see what is happening in your current store...

Why would you really need their permission to upgrade??? That I'm not sure I understand...
Just download the FTP5 installer file from the "Download" link on this page and install v5 to your server... There is an upgrader that is available, too.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks! I just like to make sure that I am not breaking any rules from my Hosting Provider. I like to make sure they are aware of any new software that is being uploaded to their servers.

They have checked everything and are supporting the upgrade now though.

Thanks!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1