The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Is there a way
Post Is there a way 
I have a WYSIWYG website building software (SiteSpinner) on which I have built my simple little candle website. Is there a way to install Agora shopping cart using that software or is it all done though my web Host (The Prime Host) and if so, will it still show up on my website (www.candlecreations-in-soy.com). Where do I download the pictures of my products to - to my website or to the Agora program. I got onto Agora from the cPanel in the Prime Host and as I am very new to this and just starting out more as a hobbyist for now I can't afford to pay big prices for this. As you can see, I definately don't know what I am doing but am hoping I can struggle through for the sake of cost at the present time an hopefully upgrade later when I get the hang of it. I am also having trouble finding where I find the download link for Agora, and which option of installing I should use. My website builder does have an ftp section, as I do presently publish my site via the ftp option. Is this any help. Sad

Don't install the one in your cpanel, it is really out of date.
Install the current version from the download link on this page You want the FTP5 file.

Product images will be uploaded to the 'html/images' directory in the store's directory on your web host's server. AgoraCart is not a 3rd party hosted shopping cart, this shopping cart is installed on your server and run all through your site. You just need to link to it on the pages that are outside of the server.

There is lots of help available through this forum and on the User Manual Wiki:
http://www.agoracart.com/agorawiki/index.php?title=The_AgoraCart_Project:User_Manual

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Very Happy Thank you for that Bonnie, that is what I was worried about as it said in cPanel that it was version 4 or something and this didn't match up with the V5 that it said on your website. I just thought it might be easier to install it from my hosts c-panel being pretty stupid with matters of the computer, I thought if I did it through their cPanel, then they would have to help me to get it up and going, but they're not real good at answering support questions anyway. Do youknow a good host that is only going to charge me around $30 AUD a year and transfer my domain name as well ( am an Aussie pensioner, cannot afford a lot). Also, could you please shoot me in the direction of a link to download the Agora shopping cart as I can't seem to find it. Thanks heaps again.

Its the 3rd link down on the left navigation bar.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Watta dum-dum 
WOW !! you must think hey R U brain dead or WOT - didn't look far did I ??? didn't expect to find it on a forum site, but don't know much about forums either. Thanks heaps - now what about good cheap hosts as I am almost expired with The Prime Host, but is it much of a hassle to have my domain transferred. I am asking you this because I don't know wether I should download the Agora shopping cart yet whilst I am still with The Prime Host or wait until I have the web hosting issue sorted out and under way. Thanks again anyway - you must dislike kinda sorta maybe newbies. God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$30AUD/yr is pretty cheap... if that's what you are paying now, you might want to stay with them as long as their hosting can meet the script's requirements.

Get a Gold Membership
Post Requirements 
Yes Bonnie, I think you R right. I have sent the Cart requirements to them to see if my plan "qualifies" if you know what I mean (actually, I only pay $23 USD year with them - that is an old plan which I am locked into, so they don't change it) yes I'll take your advise and if the plan I am on doesn't support the cart requirements, I will have to upgrade a little, but from what I have read and what my host has already told me, I think I am OK to go ahead as is. I can't wait to get the final say from them because I am really keen to get a shopping cart onto my website. Thanks for all your help and I hope I don't have to be too much of a nuisance when I actually get to dowloading Agora Cart. I am jumping the gun a bit here, but Could you also tell me if you don't mind, if, when I download the AgoraCart, and get everything set-up etc, and get products into my pages, is there a way to hover over the picture of the product and click so as to enlarge it to a full-sized photo ( my website builder does this if I put the products on one of my pages with manipulation, of course), so I just wondered if I would get this sort of flexibility inside Agora as well as it is a great thing to show my beautiful candles at full size, if you know what I mean. - just a YES or NO answer is sufficient at this time because I have a long way to go before I get to that, but I would just like to know as a matter of interest if that is alright. Regards Bob Very Happy

There is a way to do a "Click to Enlarge".

Get a Gold Membership
Post Ready to go 
Hi, again, well I am ready to go, as my host has given me the OK & my hosting plan "qualifies". Before I download, is it possible for someone like me who doesn't know a word of HTML code to learn enough to set this Angora cart up????? ( I mean, I think I've got at least half a brain). If so, what is my first step - do I simply download it from the link on this page or is there other stuff to do first. Sorry about time since last post, I have been very ill. Thanks & kindest regards, Bob.

I think you might need to learn a bit of HTML, but at least you won't need to learn perl...
However, you can begin by downloading the installer file from the "Download" link...

Get a Gold Membership
Post Pro?? 
Thanks again Bonnie, sorry to be a nuisance again, but, (1) Is it better for me to start as Pro or should I just download and have a bash at it first, if so, can I become a Pro at a later date (I am happy to become a Pro straight up if this is advisable or advantageous) (2) Do I need to download a zip software ( my operating system is Windows Vista home premium), I thought Vista would have a zip built in??.. (3)Could you point me in the direction of the best link to follow to unzip the installer and whatever comes after that. (4) Do you know of where I can get hold of a manual or something to learn some HTML. Hope I am not being too much a nuisance & expecting too much, but I do need and really appreciate your help. Kind regards, Bob.

Post Re: Pro?? 
bobcatbiz wrote:
(1) Is it better for me to start as Pro or should I just download and have a bash at it first, if so, can I become a Pro at a later date (I am happy to become a Pro straight up if this is advisable or advantageous)

Well, if you want to support the AgoraCart project, then become a Pro Member...
Pro version or free version... kinda depends on what extra features you want in your store.
If you want inventory control, you need pro. If you have downloadable products, you need pro. Need to use discount codes or coupon codes, you need pro...
If you need pro, it would be best to start with the pro version...

bobcatbiz wrote:

(2) Do I need to download a zip software ( my operating system is Windows Vista home premium), I thought Vista would have a zip built in??.. (3)Could you point me in the direction of the best link to follow to unzip the installer and whatever comes after that.

WinZip is good for unzipping files.

bobcatbiz wrote:

(4) Do you know of where I can get hold of a manual or something to learn some HTML. Hope I am not being too much a nuisance & expecting too much, but I do need and really appreciate your help. Kind regards, Bob.

I have some HTML tutorial sites and books listed at:
http://resources.scottcrew.com/design.htm
But you should be able to do a search on the internet and find lots of tutorials on HTML.
Oh, here's another one:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post When 
OK mate, thanks for that, but (1) can I get going on it first or do I need to become a pro member before I upload the installer to my host. (2) I have downloaded the installer for V.5.00 and unzipped it and have got it loaded up in the temporary queu of SmartFTP ready to upload it (depending on your answer to (1) - but what happens after this, do I need to download other parts of the software like the cart etc. and the manager and will it give me cues when to do this???.
Sorry about This - I just noticed that you previously said that "if I need pro, it would be best to go with that first up" and I think I would need pro as I would need to have drop-downs or similar as my products come in quite a few different fragrances and colors so at the least I would need for my visitors to choose fragrances and another drop-down (or similar) to choose colors. So would pro allow me to have these??? (I was thinking of the first option in the members options of $27 or whatever for a year as I am a pensioner and have to watch the dollars). If I do this, would I need to delete the FREE installer that I downloaded and put in my Smart FTP installer , (as I just noticed "pro download" is another download altogether). , or does one use the same installer??????

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1