The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Won't install
Post Won't install 
I just joined "webhostingbuzz" and I'm trying to install Agoracart. I used the above topic (installing in your C-Panel) and uploaded the file there. I then go to extract it and I get the following error message.
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

I've tried for days also to just change the darn CHMOD on the FTP5.cgi file to "755" but that option isn't there whatsoever when I right click on it. I'm pulling my hair out just trying to get this thing installed!!!!

pm me with your domain name and your ftp access and i'll see if the server will allow auto install.
d

HI Dan, well first maybe it's not them, I got this back just now from webhostingbuzz support...

Thank you for your being interested in WebHostingBuzz services.

We have checked everything for you and here is the thing: your archive
seems to be corrupted so reupload it again please in order to avoid
further errors. Then let us know how it is going please.

Feel free to contact us again for more assistance.

I downloaded the AgoraCart5_2.tgz from here .... http://www.agoracart.com/download.htm

Is there something wrong with this file? When I go to download it it's not called .tqz it's actually called .tar?

right. windoze xp does that. just rename the file extension to tgz and be sure you upload in binary only.
d

using the auto install cgi file is faster and easier, have you tried it?
d

They stopped using it. Supposedly it was out of date or something. Ironically, that's why I signed up yesterday was for the auto installer which is all over their webpages as having it.

Renaming it wouldn't work, it just corrupts the file! I'm dying over here! It keeps downloading as a TAR file not tqz.

Sad

Is there anyway I can upload the FTP5.cgi file to my control panel instead?

download the tgz file then rename to tgz after download is finished. or when downloading save as will show .tar but change it to .tgz then save to begin downloading. upload via ftp in binary to the directory of choice. chmod to 755 and chmod the install file to 755.

installer...
http://www.agoracart.com/FTP5.zip
save then extract. upload the FTP5.cgi file via ftp in ascii only. change permissions to 755 then access the file with your browser. this method works and is not outdated.
d

Well Dan I tried all your suggestions and nothing worked. THat file needs to be fixed and I'm sunk in the water for now. I can't install it at all.

d

The FTP5.cgi file is valid and does work.
Please PRIVATE Message (PM) Dan or myself to obtain help with installing your store.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
It was a problem (and still is) with webhostingbuzz.com. I quit on them today and joined hostmonster.com instead for their self installer. The self installer worked fine and easy! Problem however is the version is Agoracart 4.0. How do I upgrade there to 5.2 without the help of their self installer? And, is there much difference between 4.0 and 5.2?

There is a HUGE... did I say HUGE? HUGE difference....
Just get the installer file for v5.2 from the Download link on the upper left.
Installation instructions are here:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=4272

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
ok, but here we go again. This changing the CHMOD business before uploading just isn't happening for me. Is that required again with this? I can change the CHMOD once I upload it, but if it's on my desktop before WS-FTP it just won't change to 755, I don't have the option there by right clicking.

no. you upload to the server in the proper mode then chmod once on the server. if you're using windoze on your pc then you do not have chmod. you have read only, archive and hidden and the like under file properties which is similar to the chmod function but not as good.
d

If you can't chmod once it is on the server, you need to speak with your web host.
All web hosts should be able to allow you to change the permissions of your files...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
ok thanks guys I'll give it a try this evening.

Phew! It worked! Thanks Scottcrew and Dan!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1