The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
CPanel and Version 4.0
Post CPanel and Version 4.0 
I have a client who is using CPanel with his hosting company. Supplied was Agora Cart version 4.0 which he has been using for a few years. Although the new CPanel accounts have version 4.0k-4b for installation, my client has only 4.0 available to him through CPanel.

He wants to be able to allow downloading of MP3 files and I understand that he would need to use the latest version plus an add-on.

I only see upgrades for version 4.0k+ and up. Can someone direct me on what to use to upgrade him to where he needs to be?

Thank you,

Craig

It would need to be a completely new install of the v5.5 Gold version with Premier Membership & Booster Pack. This is not available through cpanel, but there is an installer for v5.x versions.
The old store can remain in place until the v5.5 Gold store is developed.
There are HUGE advances to AgoraCart from previous versions including increased security.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

What you are saying is pretty much what I am seeing here at the Agora website. My client was told that there was an upgrade from version 4.0 to 5.2, but I only see one from 4.0k-4b to 5.0 and then the 5.2 which doesn't say what version it can upgrade from.

Just a verification to your response, there isn't any way to upgrade to 5.2 even with a couple upgrades...a new install is essential. Upgrading would save in redeveloping the cart, but if this is the only way, please confirm. I need to let my client know and be sure he won't get contradiction from this other person he has been speaking to.

Your help and verification that upgrades won't work with 4.0 is much appreciated.

Blessings,

Craig

if you need boosterpack add-ons like downloads then yes, a clean install would be best. get the gold lifetime and boosterpack (if needed) and install fresh.
if your hosting cpanel still offers 4.0 then that is an old cpanel version indeed. they probably have an older version of apache and php and perl and etc. or older versions of something. check the versions of nix, apache, php and perl at least and compare to current versions. if indeed there are old versions then you need to either have them update or consider a new hosting. as a matter of fact if your server's version of perl is really old then agoragold maynot be as stable or feature rich as intended to be. plus there maybe security issues especially with php.
d

Basically my client wants to have customers download MP3 files of his messages.

Here is info from the CPanel:

The CPanel version now offers Agora Cart 4.0k-4b
CPanel version 11.18.3 release 21703
CPanal Pro 1.0 (RC1)
Apache 1.3.39
Perl 5.8.8
PHP 4.4.7

What is your advise on Agora Gold working properly?

Craig

current cpanel version is something like 11.
current apache version is 2.0.63 or so
current perl version is 5.10.0
current php version is PHP 5.2.5
apache 2x is an important upgrade and should be done
your perl version is ok but can be updated.
your cpanel seems to be kinda old probably due to being on apache 1x
php is volatile. it needs to be updated and watched closely for exploits and revert back or forward to more secure or stable versions.
all in all your server is generally outdated but probably has proven settings so changes are probably being delayed... if it works don't fix it... so to speak.
cpanel is not that big of deal but it's a good idea for them to keep current on 3rd party scripts and updates for them.
d

v5.5 Gold with Premier membership and booster pack will allow for downloads.
Even though the server is a little out dated, it should work okay for that. PHP is not used with Agora, so that should not be a factor, but the web host should update it.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated. I'll pass this info to my client and let him decide on the direction he wants to go. Seems like it will work, but there is a change we might run into problems, so he has to decide if the expense is worth the chance.

Thanks again,

Craig

One more thing to consider is that under current standards, v4.x is a version that has some security risks. V5.x closes up those security holes...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1