The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Installing on Local Windows Machine
Post Installing on Local Windows Machine 
Im running Windows XP.

I have XAMPP.

I am using Apache and it has perl v5.5.

Anyway, I am trying to set the permissions, but I cant... It says "permissions not allowed on this server".

Now, if I cant set the permission for FTP5.cgi and all the files that need permissions I get

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /store52/agora.cgi on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_16 Perl/v5.8.6 PHP/4.4.0 Server at localhost Port 80

Can anyone tell me what to do? I cnat ftp to my own server and do it, then i get "permissions not allowed on this server".

Thanks for reading and/or helping.

no need to ftp your local server. just make files, edit files and do what you want using explorer... edit the files and folders just like you would any other files and folders on your pc.
d

I cant view it in the browser.

If I http://localhost/store/

It says ACCESS Denied.

I wanna be able to View my changes before I Uplaod it.

SO basically it wont let me access FTP5.cgi and install it.

And I cant set permissions on the file, so I dont know what to do.

Cheers.

You will need to get the .tgz file and unzip it to the area you are working with xampp....
You don't need to use the FTP5.cgi...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
i have been using xampp for 5 years. my version is current as to just a few months ago. i use it for sql, php programs, perl programs and access local dev websites by their tld and not through the 127.0.0.1 loopback nor through localhost (in the browser's address bar) and for lots of other purposes. so, i am familiar with the program and mine is highly customized but i do not know everyhting there is to know.

what i do know,
bonnie is correct; you cannot do the auto install thang nor can you do automatic updates. i think that out of the box this is intented not only to protect users but the xampp ppl try hard to protect the internet as a whole and not release a product that is easily capable of jerking around the internet. however, one who is more adept should be able to update the LWP and allow it to connect out. i think that is the modual that is killing the process. i personally do not place a great value on this feature/function and don't have the time to hammer out the issue.

easiest way is to first sync with your live site. download your webpages and supporting images and scripts to your local public root via ftp. maintain folder path structure. then update your "live" store with all current file releases that you need. then making sure all files are transferred in the appropriate mode (binary or ascii) while you download your store folder. or better yet if you know how zip, tgz, gz or tar your store folder on the remote server then do that and download the compressed file in binary and unpack in your local htdocs or public_html or however you have the local server set up. log into your local store manager and change the store urls. all http urls must be changed to your local system's setup and remember that any local customized files that deal with urls and/or paths must be updated to the remote method of doing things. this is why i use xampp to deliver websites with the TLD and not the loopback ip or localhost... it's more portable that way and makes for less mistakes.
you will also have to adjust your mail paths for the local store or you wont be able to add to cart locally.
there will be other settings and customizations in the store or in the local server you'll have to consider but it gets pretty complicated.
i started a tutorial in the gold member's group but have been too busy to finish and nobody has hollered for me to finish. you interested? if you join the gold member's group and hammer on me i will do my best to help and finish the tutorial.
probably the most important thing to make stuff a great deal less difficult is to be able to immulate the disk path of your remote server (necessry for some programs) and to be able to call your website by name http://www.TLD on your local server. saves tons of time and allows for more dev instead of figuring out which file you uploaded that has local only stuff in it that broke your store.
d

oh yeah. are you sure you can run executables? have you set up your httpd filde correctly so you can run agoracart?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1